Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This place is going down hill .

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I post a news story , not that great I admit but a mod changes my pic that I spent half an hour looking for to set the tone , and its not to his standards.

He changed it because " He " got sick of looking at it ? What a joke and will never post a news thread again , that's a promise .

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...osoft-309348/?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I found it creepy to look at Seinfeld every time I visited the page so I changed it to the Microsoft image.

Not a big deal really...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You shouldn't change someones image because you don't like it. It's their news story; their image selection; their thread, just like any other.

Unless it broke a rule, you shouldn't edit it.

@peat - You've posted news stories for years and you do so because you enjoy it to some extent I suppose? I'd hate to see you stop because of one isolated incident.
    Last edited by Skizo; 08-28-2008 at 01:52 PM.

yo

4. Lounge   -   #4
    I suppose not, but I do try to keep up with some standards.

Please don't steal this Web content [C|Net]

That image is not hosted by FST through attachments or albums.
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 08-28-2008 at 02:01 PM. Reason: URL didn't work.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    It could have been re-hosted if that was the real issue, yet you've already said it wasn't. You just didn't like the Seinfeld pic.

yo

6. Lounge   -   #6
    It was just easier to just change the image thru News Images and to keep it generic to save space on the server (although Rossco and/or RealitY told me not to worry on that ). I'm just naturally conservative...and lazy. Do you know how many clicks that would of taken?

By the way, it is NOT their news story. It's a thread that was copied and pasted over. I took hell from all the Lounge on that which is one of the reasons why I tried to ensure some standard in citing and for using images. Soon afterwards C|NET posted on this issue here: Please don't steal this Web content. I've also been concerned with the "p" word since college, but I like to stick to fair-use since one of the reasons I post news is to help spread the word. I also kind of consider it to be a small hobby that keeps me informed as well.

At any rate, this has all been discussed before in TC (the thread that posted in my previous post). In fact, I even said this once:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Having peoples' post say Last edited by hairbautt (or other) always seems a bit bastard-like. Wish the damn thing didn't show, but to hell with.
    I could of used a better reason, but I didn't think anyone would care and thought my reason was kinda funny Sorry Peat.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Racist.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    It was just easier to just change the image thru News Images and to keep it generic to save space on the server (although Rossco and/or RealitY told me not to worry on that ). I'm just naturally conservative...and lazy. Do you know how many clicks that would of taken?

By the way, it is NOT their news story. It's a thread that was copied and pasted over. I took hell from all the Lounge on that which is one of the reasons why I tried to ensure some standard in citing and for using images. Soon afterwards C|NET posted on this issue here: Please don't steal this Web content. I've also been concerned with the "p" word since college, but I like to stick to fair-use since one of the reasons I post news is to help spread the word. I also kind of consider it to be a small hobby that keeps me informed as well.

At any rate, this has all been discussed before in TC (the thread that posted in my previous post). In fact, I even said this once:
    Having peoples' post say Last edited by hairbautt (or other) always seems a bit bastard-like. Wish the damn thing didn't show, but to hell with.
    I could of used a better reason, but I didn't think anyone would care and thought my reason was kinda funny Sorry Peat.
    It doesn't appear that you even changed the text, or put it in italics, so I assume you weren't concerned about that. Besides, we're a forum based on educating members in the best ways to steal files - I don't know why you're worried about copy and pasting a news story. I certainly wouldn't consider it plagiarized either as we cite the sources.

Bottom line on this matter is, you shouldn't be editing pictures unless they are breaking the rules or just need to be resized.

yo

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Think its already clear there was no offense intended by this.
    Theres also been a apology posted so why go on about it...

10. Lounge   -   #10
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    He did that to me once.

I was also slightly flustered.

But got over it.

Feel you though peatmossness. *e-hug*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast