Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WAIX Trackers

Alco23's Avatar Karma... BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    For the general gist of it though, you would add in a network tag (just like the source tag) in the info part of the torrent during upload, with a value of PIPE or WAIX. That gives each torrent a seperate hash while having the same files, so you can have them all on the same tracker.

Then you need to store a field in the DB so you can tell if it's limited to a certain network when you pull the torrent details for announce.
    If it is, you check the users IP against the IP list for that network. No match means no download.

Finally, someone on the network will need to download the non-network torrent to get the files, then seed the files with the network torrent, or the initial seeder should run all 3 at once. If you want to do it with the initial seeder, you'll need to allow them to bypass the IP check. Just check if their user ID is the torrent owner for that.
    That's pretty much how these PIPE trackers work . The user sets in their profile which network they're part of. Subsequently, any downloads the user makes from any particular torrent, they download from users of the same network. Uploads also work in a similar fashion, so that the network is indicated. Of course there is an option to download from all peers and just take whatever quote hit you might get.

Sharing the love

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    I would be very interested in a waix tracker myself aswell.

If you guys found something please pm me with the details.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    bump, anyone ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    try to pm the guys that participated in this thread

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    try to pm the guys that participated in this thread
    I tried the only response I got was from someone that was also still looking

Prob doesn't help that I have zero posts and a new member.
    Last edited by nathanblogs; 11-20-2008 at 12:39 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Lunchtime bump, still interested can provide ratio and speed tests

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    hmm, i think i may have been on this tracker, does it start with an "f" im on pipe aswell, but the data usage counts on my current isp, so its pretty much useless for me though
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    are you from Aussie, tommy?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    yes
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123