Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: members making new sites?

..... BT Rep: +2
    Why are so many members making their own 0 day sites and advertising them in threads instead of opening in secret or by completing the site(security issues-ect) and entering it into the open signup thread?

I do not remember seeing so many-

"i am starting a new site", threads before....

Is it safe for members to sign up to these sites?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I would steer clear of any new 0 day sites. There are soo many, you just have to question their motives. Why put up a site when there are literally 100's of others doing the exact same thing?

I expect most just want to be cool, and own their own site, which is harmless I guess. But you have to watch out for some one putting up a site just to see if anyone uses the same user/pass on any other sites...

Always use a unique userID and password on any new site you dare to join.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Same thing i was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    I would steer clear of any new 0 day sites. There are soo many, you just have to question their motives. Why put up a site when there are literally 100's of others doing the exact same thing?

I expect most just want to be cool, and own their own site, which is harmless I guess. But you have to watch out for some one putting up a site just to see if anyone uses the same user/pass on any other sites...

Always use a unique userID and password on any new site you dare to join.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i tend to stay away from those new sites, unless they are from people that i trust

anyone can start a tracker in a couple of days of work and in that case, a disaster can be anticipated

and who knows their intention, stealing your password and try to steal your precious accounts...could be

once i was fast on registering to the new 0-day sites to see the potential of them, now i wait until it's established and make sure this site will bring me something more than what i already have, which is rarely the case

make specialize trackers instead, could use a good magazine tracker
    Last edited by KFlint; 08-29-2008 at 10:30 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Some caution is always needed when signing up to a new site, from a user who just registered here to do it. So using a different email/username/password may be in your best interest.

As for starting a new thread for your tracker, it's more publicity. Your own thread makes you stand out more than a post in the open tracker thread, which I admittedly never read.

What I think the biggest issue with all of the threads, is the completion of the tracker at the time of the thread. I think anyone who thinks they can operate a tracker securely, and can contribute something unique to the torrent community as a whole should go for it. But I think making a thread while the tracker has flawed security, default css stylesheets/source, no mods, no anything, is wrong. It's like a game designer releasing a beta of their game, with no graphical rendering, bugs, flawed physics etc.

So to sum it up, I personally think more secure trackers with integrity should come about, since they are a fine addition to the torrent community and reduce the need for people to feel compelled to trade because they can't get into the leet tracker they dream of. But, please make sure they have some users, and the site is fully operational before you make the thread. It makes a better first impression.

they didn't built Rome in one day

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    create tracker -> get invitez to other tracker <= that's all.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    d00d, level 11 or go home!!!!111one

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    if any of them didnt suck ass at making and building a site up the right way they would have been coding their site for at least a couple weeks with the help of anyone willing to give it or hire someone who has done it before to fix any security issues. then they would need a beta team to test it all out and try to find any bugs, and those beta members should know how to keep their mouths closed. then maybe after a few months of very hard work it would be ready to let those trusted beta testers start inviting friends. i would never open a site to the public, it just brings in way too many bad people. just look at revolt, they let in 500 people and there are probably less then 50 still left. people just want to have the next big thing but you cant throw something up in a week or 2 and then start advertising on fst and expect good things.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Totally agree!. And the worst: it seems itīs working.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Isn't that what iPwn did ? Or so I heard...

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast