Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trackers

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

Well said. I think Beebo might get a look in too tho'
    Now go away.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    Beebo who?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Beebo Baggins.

Now go away.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by users View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post

You shouldn't need a ratio to make you seed; you should seed because you want to help share.
    then why don't you just use public trackers.
    Why do you think I don't use public trackers -_-?

IMO,All ratios do is to cause people to jump on all the new torrents, wether they want that torrent or not, just so they can form a buffer, so they don't take a ratio hit when they find something they actually want to download.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +3

then why don't you just use public trackers.

IMO,All ratios do is to cause people to jump on all the new torrents, wether they want that torrent or not, just so they can form a buffer, so they don't take a ratio hit when they find something they actually want to download.
    Ratio's are a very important thing, if you can't see that, you have a crap connection, or otherwise can't seed, so the only thing you hate is uploading, not ratios.....so go public, its all you deserve.
    Last edited by users; 08-30-2008 at 06:54 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well its a double edged sword isnt it.

Without seeders the tracker would be dead as no downloader could complete anything.

but without downloaders the tracker is dead because the seeders have no one to seed to.

problem is most people want something for nothing, and with a tracker of 3000 ish members who have been there awhile, no ratio probably works. with a tracker of 10,000+ I can forsee a disaster.

OK 3,000 may play fair, but the rest will just take everything they can get and fuck the rest, as long as they get it, who cares, thats why i believe ratios are important, but they are not the perfect answer by any means, coming up with that perfect answer is a hard job though lol

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2

Ratio's are a very important thing, if you can't see that, you have a crap connection, or otherwise can't seed, so the only thing you hate is uploading, not ratios.....so go public, its all you deserve.
    Yes, I have a crap connection. And no, I don't hate uploading. I seed everything for a very, very long time. And that is on sites with no ratio, or a "minimum seed time". I guess you need ratios on larger sites, because not everyone in a larger site is going to care about wether people are able to download something or not, kind of like a bystander effect. But in smaller sites, no-ratio works well. I suppose that's why I like the smaller communities more

"Oh, there's plenty of other people here, they don't need me".

BTW, why do I "only deserve being on a public site"? There's no need for little attacks.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    The Seedman
    I would say FTN, maybe ScT.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Agree. Unless it's something specialized, forget torrents. They are for kids.
    I agree.. I believe the world of torrent technology is one of the 'first steps' new young computer gurus-to-be learn. Right after MySpace and FaceBook are conquered.
    actually i did it the other way around. i left ftp for torrents . but then i'm a little crazy

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    ScT is most sought after and best

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast