Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trackers

Stick with newgroups mate files tend to show up a tiny bit later then trackers such as ScT however newsgroups have tons more content and have far better retention.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by _coder_ View Post
    Stick with newgroups mate files tend to show up a tiny bit later then trackers such as ScT however newsgroups have tons more content and have far better retention.
    Absolutely especially with Giganews having 240 days of retention.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post
    Speed is everything.

Running Linux I already have just about everything I'll ever need at my disposal for free and from fast servers. Things that I do download I want them fast.

If I'm in the mood for a movie, I find one I'd like to watch and grab it.. I get to watch an hour or two later.. I don't want to wait in line to have it complete 2-5 days later which by then I have decided I want to watch a different movie..

I missed Wednesdays Mythbusters, I grabbed all 1.3GB of it in 25 minutes and was on my way to watching it. And I would suspect that someone did the same as me only to then make it a torrent to up it on a tracker they needed rapport.

Lot of wasted steps and time if you ask me.
    I have never used newsgroups, I assume they have better speeds on old stuff. But I can grab 1.3 gigs in less than 25 minutes on a handful of trackers. s*c, s*t ect.

I realize seeds go away, but I have been able to get pretty good speeds on relatively old stuff at places like tl where there are a buttload of members.

Im not disagreeing that newsgroups are better or not, this comment just seemed off a little
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    The speed on usenet is relative to what speed your connection is obviously.
    What he meant by the speed he quoted would have been his maximum.
    The speed on usenet will always max out that sort of line. The age of the file is irrelevant. The files are hosted on a company's high-speed servers and remain there for up to 240 days.
    Now go away.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Yeah, like I said I havent tried newsgroups (will eventually), and am not saying torrents are better.

This line through me off mostly "I don't want to wait in line to have it complete 2-5 days later which by then I have decided I want to watch a different movie..".

DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234