Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being a Dickhead's cool

Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    WTF can I wear for a fancy dress dickhead themed night out? I don't know any dickheads, and even though I watched the music video that was the inspiration I'm still not sure what a Hipster really is. At first I was going to go with a 30's style French pin-up/MC Hammer vibe; now I'm concerned that if I buck the skintight jeans trend people will actually think I go around wearing berets and harem pants all the time. I do however go around wearing skintight jeans all the time, but I'm pretty sure I'm not a hipster.
    Any suggestions/pics gratefully received......

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    There are alot of dickheads around here you could take your inspiration from.....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Lounge   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Some plaid cargo shorts and a t-shirt with a logo for a fake company

<--- That's what this dickhead wears.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I heard wearing a knitted jumper, denim jeans and joggers is real "hip".
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. Lounge   -   #5
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Tracksuit!
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    WTF can I wear for a fancy dress dickhead themed night out? I don't know any dickheads, and even though I watched the music video that was the inspiration I'm still not sure what a Hipster really is. At first I was going to go with a 30's style French pin-up/MC Hammer vibe; now I'm concerned that if I buck the skintight jeans trend people will actually think I go around wearing berets and harem pants all the time. I do however go around wearing skintight jeans all the time, but I'm pretty sure I'm not a hipster.
    I would like to help but I basically don't label people and put them into categories other than like/dislike/haven't decided yet.
    Also I thought being a dickhead was something quite different from being a Hipster. One being purposefully irritating the other just oblivious to the fact like the person that coined the term Hipster.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Watch Nathan Barley.
    Now go away.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I would suggest George Osborne but everyone else might have the same idea.

Jeremy Clarkson?

This is a lot easier if you are a lad
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    I would suggest George Osborne but everyone else might have the same idea.

Jeremy Clarkson?

This is a lot easier if you are a lad
    Shirley at the point that you have made a career out of being a dickhead, and are paid scads of cash for being said dickhead, then in theory you are no longer merely a dickhead but in actual fact are a very canny self promoter ?
    Last edited by Artemis; 08-11-2011 at 11:26 PM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Oooh, Nathan Barley, yes!

On the subject of dickheads and hipsters, being a dickhead is not solely the preserve of those trying to be. Sometimes it just comes naturally. Hipsters are dickheads because of the fact they spend endless amounts of time thinking about the better-than-yours shit they like and talking about it, then trying to portray it in every way they can to the outside world. If you ask a hipster what their favourite film or band is they will answer you instantly, whereas most of us would need a good few minutes of sucking air through our teeth/humming etc before saying 'I don't know, I can't decide...will a top 5 do?' Because non-dickheads don't focus nearly all their internal energy on their own navels, they actually exist and function in the real world.

Oh, and 'I don't categorise or label' is just the sort of thing dickhead hipsters say. Human beings categorise and label in order to make some sense of the world, which enables them to function within it on a practical level. If you can't recognise patterns and classes of behaviour that's a problem not something to be proud of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast