Thread: cant download on giganews, unsure why, have i reached

Question Mark

So i was downloading and suddenly alt binz stopped. I went onto giganews to see what was going on.It says that of my 25gb limit, i've e.g. used 22gb (article bytes). When i try to connect alt.bins again, it tries and then stops.

Is this a problem with giganews or am i just reading my giganews stats wrong i.e. that i really have reached my 25gb limit despite my stats on there says lower than 25gb?? I don't have auto recycle on by the way.

also, whats the difference between article bytes and projected bytes in giganews?

help appreciated.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambler View Post
    So i was downloading and suddenly alt binz stopped. I went onto giganews to see what was going on.It says that of my 25gb limit, i've e.g. used 22gb (article bytes). When i try to connect alt.bins again, it tries and then stops.

Is this a problem with giganews or am i just reading my giganews stats wrong i.e. that i really have reached my 25gb limit despite my stats on there says lower than 25gb?? I don't have auto recycle on by the way.

also, whats the difference between article bytes and projected bytes in giganews?

help appreciated.
    Don't you get an error msg in the log window in Alt.Binz?

Projected bytes is how much they think you will download within the billing period.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    no it doesnt give me an error emssage. It just says idle no matter how many times i tell it to connect. Thinking about this, my old client grabit did used to give me the odd error message. I'm going to have to reinstall it and see whether it gives me an error.

thanks for response.

--------------------

edit. reinstalled grabit and it told me that no article was found! [alt bin never told me this!]. so i went and redownloaded the nzb in hope, opened it in alt bin again and it works!!! after all this head scratching i wish alt bin told me this [unless i'm being stupid].
    Last edited by scrambler; 08-31-2008 at 08:54 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    i suggest you contact giganews support, they will be able to help you out more thoroughly