Thread: Macbook Pro halting...

Hi there,

My Macbook is frequently halting due to heat I think, temperature is around 50-75C ... but the problem is... is simple cannot play or render a video in FCP without an external fan turned on... if I turn it of, bum! Halt is just a matter of time.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    You could try cleaning out the CPU heatsink and fan with some compressed air from the outside at first. If you are comfortable and it isn't under warranty anymore you could open it up and clean it from the inside or order and install a new CPU heatsink and fan. I have never done this on a macbook but I have done it on more than a few other laptops and it's not that hard but tricky when opening any laptop get the manual and read how to open it correctly or you could do some real damage.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Parts for macs for expensive as hell and those screws for macbooks are REAL hard to keep track of (hard to remember where they go and very small).

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    What I do is draw the screw layout on a piece of paper and put the screws where they go so I don't have to remember their placement.What is more expensive paying some mac tech to do it for you or investing in a screwdriver kit from newegg??