Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome (Beta) To Be Launched

will See What the next

2. News (Archive)   -   #32
    KennyD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    It's the first beta release and it's also open source so give it time.. it will flourish Even if google themselves wouldn't write an adblocker plugin some developer will... thats the beauty of open-source.
    I like it though... it has potential.

Also can click and drag a tab down and it will break off into it's own seperate window.. I actually watched the video's on the getting started page. For those who haven't. There are a few here http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/features.html

As for bookmarks after you have imported them, they're in the top right hand corner of the 1st page that loads when you start Chrome. There's a little folder icon and it says Other Bookmarks.

After you've started browsing and would like to go to one of your bookmarked site all you have to do is click on the blue plus icon that's right next to the X to close your current tab. It Reopens your homepage where you can select a recently visited site, or go to a bookmarked site.

The search bar is built into the address bar. Just type any thing. Say Pepsi into the address bar and the 1st thing it highlights is Search Google for pepsi.

You can set the default search engine to anything you like. You can add any search engine you want if it's not listed... Just click on the wrench in the upper right hand corner and pick Options.

Now I have to say that's a bold move on Google's part... they make a lot of money off the ads that are shown in their search results..

Hopefully I was able to help a few of you figure it out...
    It's still a beta and needs work. I've noticed a couple of sites where they're cut off a big on the right hand side.. So they'll have to work out some bugs...
    Last edited by KennyD; 09-03-2008 at 03:14 PM.

3. News (Archive)   -   #33
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnentier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Have you not seen the bookmark bar?
    I have seen it on the videos, but my chrome doesn't have it...
    Go to the wrench icon and select to display it then.

Incognito Mode - Doesn't track browse history.

Anyways, having to look at ads is a deal breaker for me. Surely some 3rd party will make a plugin, even if Google doesn't. For now, it's FF all the way.
    Last edited by Skizo; 09-03-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

4. News (Archive)   -   #34
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    its good so far but unless FF type extension's come along i wont be switching to it.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. News (Archive)   -   #35
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Incognito Mode = Pr0n Mode...

6. News (Archive)   -   #36
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Incognito Mode = Pr0n Mode...
    Obviously.
    Google thinks of everything.

Going incognito doesn't affect the behavior of other people, servers, or software. Be wary of:
    • Websites that collect or share information about you
    • Internet service providers or employers that track the pages you visit
    • Malicious software that tracks your keystrokes in exchange for free smileys
    • Surveillance by secret agents
    • People standing behind you

7. News (Archive)   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Obviously.
    Google thinks of everything.

Going incognito doesn't affect the behavior of other people, servers, or software. Be wary of:
    • Websites that collect or share information about you
    • Internet service providers or employers that track the pages you visit
    • Malicious software that tracks your keystrokes in exchange for free smileys
    • Surveillance by secret agents
    • People standing behind you
    • Google

8. News (Archive)   -   #38
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Well, I've finally got the chance to try it out. And I'm liking it so far. All my bookmarks and passwords imported perfectly.

It is pretty fast. But not as fast FF or Opera is on Linux. It just seems like everything is slower on Windows. So I really hope they make a Linux version in the future.

But all in all it's not a bad beta browser. I'm sure it's going to become really good. And I"m going to make it my default browser on Windows. I hope eventually they make the browser compatible with userscripts(like Opera), because I do miss a couple missing features. Like adblock. This is a must for every browser.

9. News (Archive)   -   #39
    kotya's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    So I really hope they make a Linux version in the future
    On its way

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/linux.html

10. News (Archive)   -   #40
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Just saw this at BetaNews:
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNews
    As of yesterday afternoon, Google struck a clause in the End-User License Agreement for the first beta of its Chrome browser, which quite explicitly said not only that Google had the right to reproduce any content users posted through its services, but that it had the right to pass that data onto third parties.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast