Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Half-life 2

"NVIDIA has promised us that we'll soon see a new driver which will "greatly improve its shader performance" in the form of Detonator 50. We have an advanced build of it we may test with soon - but keep in mind that we've had "advanced drivers" in the past that never made it public so we're still rather suspect. As always, GD will keep you posted."

Just read that particular article, i hope for nvidias sake the release of this driver does make significant changes.

2. Games   -   #62
    Poster
    Just to drive the point home (because some people need it more than others)...

Early Half-Life 2 Results Show ATI Well Ahead Has the same pretty graphs that were posted here.

Valve lets off steam over NVIDIA performance This one also has the same graphs, plus a few new ones, but from the actual Valve presentation. I especially love the "FPS/$ Results" graph (It's about the only area where NVIDIA looks good).

If you deny these benchmarks as being biased, remember... they were done by Valve themselves, not either of the card manufacturers.

3. Games   -   #63
    Poster
    umm actually i "think" those benchmards Nvidia still ooks bad that FPS/$ where the lowest with N GFX card's hence less FPS/dollar meaning ur not getting ur value.with the 9600 it got the highest rating becuz if offered more FPS/dollar.

4. Games   -   #64
    Originally posted by tHe LiNk@11 September 2003 - 17:17
    "NVIDIA has promised us that we'll soon see a new driver which will "greatly improve its shader performance" in the form of Detonator 50. We have an advanced build of it we may test with soon - but keep in mind that we've had "advanced drivers" in the past that never made it public so we're still rather suspect. As always, GD will keep you posted."

Just read that particular article, i hope for nvidias sake the release of this driver does make significant changes.
    from extremeTech

nVidia has been circulating its Det50 driver to analysts in hopes that we would use it for our Half-Life 2 benchmarking. The driver contains application-specific optimizations that will likely improve nVidia's overall performance picture, however Valve's Gabe Newell expressed concerns that some of nVidia's optimizations may go too far. Doug Lombardi of Valve has explicitly asked that beta versions of the Det50 drivers not be used for benchmarking.

At this point, we'll have to withhold judgment on the matter until we've had some time to benchmark the Det50 drivers and look at their image quality running Half-Life 2. As we've seen, performance is only one piece of the puzzle. We all want good performance, but not at the expense of image quality.

5. Games   -   #65
    Poster
    Originally posted by Pitbul@11 September 2003 - 22:13
    umm actually i "think" those benchmards Nvidia still ooks bad that FPS/$ where the lowest with N GFX card's hence less FPS/dollar meaning ur not getting ur value.with the 9600 it got the highest rating becuz if offered more FPS/dollar.
    Actually, that was my first thought, too. Then I noticed that the chart's X-axis is labelled "$/FPS". Thinking about it, though, I bet the graph was just mislabelled, or I'm looking at it wrong...

6. Games   -   #66
    Poster
    im stumped myself now

7. Games   -   #67
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    are you high or incredibly stupid?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. Games   -   #68
    Poster
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@13 September 2003 - 01:17
    umm yeah im high u got a problem with it u dumbass moron?how little of a life do u got to post in a forum trying to desprately insult people and think ur cool? do u got something better to say or just "are you high or incredible stupid" stop smellin shit 24/7 so you wont have a bad attitude and stop suckin on ur mommas tit and get a life.

9. Games   -   #69
    Poster
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@13 September 2003 - 09:17
    Your sig is too big you insulting n00b.

10. Games   -   #70
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Pitbul@13 September 2003 - 17:23
    trying to desprately insult people and think ur cool
    that ur discreption pitbul

when ever i read ur post i see ur insullting people

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast