Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August/September Trapdoor Release Schedule with Annotations

And here is the current listing going forward into September:

Again, those not 'vacuumed up' and posted here are denoted by the '*' marker; the nfo/nzb's are in the a.b.dvd9 newsgroup and are easily found by any file searcher. I'd post them myself but it's been awhile...

TRAPDOOR PRESENTS THE FOLLOWING
    *COMPLETE* NTSC DVD9/DVD5'S FOR AUGUST:

RELEASED DURING AUGUST:

MISERY SE
    MARTIAN CHILD
    LAST CRUSADE SE
    AMERICAN GANGSTER (3DISC CE)
    KIDNAPPED (3DISC SERIES)
    DAN IN REAL LIFE
    THERE WILL BE BLOOD (2DISC CE)
    WHEN HARRY MET SALLY SE
    I AM LEGEND (2DISC SE)
    OTHER BOYEYN GIRL
    WATER HORSE (2DISC SE)
    INDIANA JONES ORIGINAL TRILOGY BONUS
    I'M NOT THERE (2DISC CE)

AND MORE TO COME:

IN BRUGES
    MR MAGORIUMS WONDER EMPORIUM
    THE ISLAND (2005)
    THE MIST (2DISC CE)
    * DEFINAELY MAYBE
    GRACE IS GONE
    JOHN ADAMS (3DISC SERIES)
    * WARGAMES 25TH ANNV
    AMAZING GRACE
    UNTRACEABLE
    THE GREAT DEBATERS (2DISC CE)
    * LOVE ME TENDER SE
    KITE RUNNER
    * DEAD AND BURIED (2DISC LIM ED)
    LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA

AND YET MORE IN THE PIPELINE (MARK YOUR CALENDAR)!

DARK CITY (DIRCUT)

TRAPDOOR IS DEDICATED TO POSTING THE MOST ACCURATE, VIDEO_TS (NON-ISO) COMPATABLE
    DVD9 COMPILATIONS WITH *COMPLETE* (INCLUDING ROM/JACKET FILES!) DISC MATERIALS
    (READY FOR PRE-PROCESSING OR BURNING WITH PROPER DVD9 TOOLS LIKE DVDREMAKE,
    PGCEDIT/IMGBURN OR GEAR SW) FOR THE USENET COMMUNITY, WITH PREFERENCE GIVEN TO
    THOSE REVIEWED AS THE BEST VIDEO AND AUDIO AVAILABLE, WITH HIGH-QUALITY RE-ISSUES
    OF CLASSIC TITLES, IN FULL DVD9 FORMAT.

YOU MAKE THE DECISION! YOU DO THE RECODE/SPLIT/STRIP/DVD9, WHATEVER WAY YOU WANT!
    ALL EXTRAS AND BONUS MATERIALS ALWAYS THERE!

REMEMBER, ALL TRAPDOOR RELEASES ARE PASSWORD PROTECTED WITH WINRAR TO ALLOW PROPER
    DISTRIBUTION THROUGH USENET; NFO'S AND NZB'S (WITH PASSWORD KEYFILE) ARE RELEASED
    *ONLY* AFTER COMPLETE VERIFICATION OF FILES AND DISTRIBUTION (USUALLY 45 DAYS),
    WELL WITHIN THE RETENTION OF MAJOR PREMIUM PROVIDERS.

FOR THOSE 'ON THE CHEAP' UTILIZING THE LOW-RETENTION/LOW-COMPLETION SERVERS, TAKE A
    LOOK AT THE 'BLOCK' ACCOUNTS AVAILABLE AT ASTRAWEB OR USENET-NEWS AMONG OTHERS.

***"MOST 'PROBLEMS' ARE SOLVED BY UTILIZING TWO SIMPLE TECHNIQUES:
    1. USE THE POSTED NZB FILE AND YOU'LL GET ALL THE FILES INCLUDING PAR2 REPAIR FILES
    AND PW FILE.
    2. USE QUICKPAR TO PROPERLY REPAIR ANY TRANSMISSION GLITCHES IN THE RECIEVED FILES" ***

ALL NFO'S CONTAIN PROPER DISC IDENTIFICATION THROUGH COMMERCIAL SITES; NO WONDERING
    WHICH EDITION IT IS!

***AND REMEMBER: ALWAYS USE ORIGINAL GENERATED/POSTED NZB (ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!) OR
    YOU SIMPLY WON'T D/L THE KEYFILE!

SO WATCH FOR TRAPDOOR NFO'S AND NZB'S IN THE DAYS AHEAD!
    Last edited by Beck38; 10-01-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: End of Month Update * postings not listed on FST

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    What's this all about?

yo

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    fastplumb's Avatar D'rip
    dunno? but not interested.
    especially PASSWORD PROTECTED crap
    Powerd by FireFox

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    Fuck passwords

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    I like these releases as they have a bunch of directors cut, extended edition etc.

I don't see the problem with passwords as you get it when you download the nzb anyway.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    What sense does that make?

Why PW it in the first place? To show us you know how to tie your shoes? Pointless.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    lmao @ trapdoor
    Pimpn aint easy ®

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post
    What sense does that make?

Why PW it in the first place? To show us you know how to tie your shoes? Pointless.
    Just on one facet of this, so all those threads on d/l failures, continually chasing after 'lost' parts/pars, etc. ad infinitum...
    are bogus?

I probably d/l about 50+% of these postings, have never had one wit of problems with them (going back what... at least a year or more). I continually have to 'chase' fills on postings, on some of the more rare stuff, even with a GN account.

I think the explanation is pretty straightforward. Although usenet has become VERY solid in the last handful of years, compared to even 10 years ago, it isn't perfect.

What's interesting is, that the 'system' caters to those 'old tymers' who still d/l headers, else the postings would never have been found, as rarely (if ever) I see them listed on Newzbin.

But it works for me. I dislike 'recode' postings that the decisions made (by the recoder) don't match what I would 'slice and dice' the disc to. And it always seems (with a fair regularity) that the postings are things either never seen on usenet (or butchered), and not available on the popular disc rental schemes.

But hey, like everything, you can join in or not.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    lmao @ trapdoor
    why that noobish language?
    I like Trapdoor releases.In fact this is very useful information.Thanks Beck38! Please, keep us up to date.
    Last edited by tnt; 09-03-2008 at 03:19 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    lmao @ trapdoor
    why that noobish language?
    I like Trapdoor releases.In fact this is very useful information.Thanks Beck38! Please, keep us up to date.
    It's right there (the listing) 'embedded' in the nzb, but I thought I'd post it in the forum here for those who don't either trip across the postings here (mostly from WHiKWiRE), and such.

Another big thing, is that the rips are VERY clean; when I load them up into DVDRemake, I get no errors or reconstructions, and no 'junk' whatsoever from/in the rip, unlink most of the other newer dvd downloads. And the rip is 100% as well, no extras, cdrom stuff, or the link 'stripped out'.

Obviously, the posting rate is fairly slow. But it's usually worth the wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast