Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: HDbits.org , New rule .. good users are not allowed

The Seedman
    I have a lot of friends that have no problems with their seedbox on HDBits. Try PMing a member of staff in the IRC network. Even if you're banned from the channels you should be able to get a hold of someone.

2. BitTorrent   -   #82
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by tiolewis View Post
    EDIT: oh , and if you don't belive me , please add me to the msn and i will send you the ip of the seedbox with the details, you can enter and try it.

I think this is your problem, buddy. It seems pretty obvious that you want to let anyone into your box and maybe one of those people cheated at an earlier time on that tracker. There you go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tiolewis View Post
    EDIT: oh , and if you don't belive me , please add me to the msn and i will send you the ip of the seedbox with the details, you can enter and try it.

I think this is your problem, buddy. It seems pretty obvious that you want to let anyone into your box and maybe one of those people cheated at an earlier time on that tracker. There you go.
    I don't think so .. im sharing it with only 1 person.

I think the HDbits staff wanted some space in the tracker and they kick me off .. or maybe its something else, that .. i REALLY want to know!

4. BitTorrent   -   #84
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by seedman View Post
    Try PMing a member of staff in the IRC network. Even if you're banned from the channels you should be able to get a hold of someone.
    oh ya i'm sure they'd love that .. . ..

5. BitTorrent   -   #85
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Just out of interest, was your Friend that shares your seedbox, seeding the same torrent as you on the same seedbox.

I know on our tracker that can totally mess up stats and make it look like all sorts of crazy shit has gone on, and members have been banned (but re-instated later) for it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #86
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Well, eventhough that I think the OP is a collector concerned only with e-penis and "eliteness"(maybe I'm wrong), and not a very good person since he was openly giving away accounts that members trusted to invite him to. Eventhough all of this, I do gotta say that getting banned for overseeding is a little harsh. Especially if it's not mentioned in the Rules(which I don't know if it is since I'm not a member).

A certain lossless tracker is against overseeding, and I love that. But...they have it mentioned in the Rules. And even sent a mass pm when they implemented the rule. So everyone was made aware of it. And, they first give you a warning if you start to overseed. Not a full out ban. I think if it truly was overseeding that he got banned for, that maybe he should have got a warning first.

7. BitTorrent   -   #87
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Just out of interest, was your Friend that shares your seedbox, seeding the same torrent as you on the same seedbox.

I know on our tracker that can totally mess up stats and make it look like all sorts of crazy shit has gone on, and members have been banned (but re-instated later) for it.
    No , that was not the problem ..

We talk about the sites we will use the seedbox, he doesn't use it on HDbits.

8. BitTorrent   -   #88
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ah well cant help you then, im not a member and i have never spoke to the staff over there, was just curious if that was the case or not.

9. BitTorrent   -   #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Well, eventhough that I think the OP is a collector concerned only with e-penis and "eliteness"(maybe I'm wrong), and not a very good person since he was openly giving away accounts that members trusted to invite him to. Eventhough all of this, I do gotta say that getting banned for overseeding is a little harsh. Especially if it's not mentioned in the Rules(which I don't know if it is since I'm not a member).

A certain lossless tracker is against overseeding, and I love that. But...they have it mentioned in the Rules. And even sent a mass pm when they implemented the rule. So everyone was made aware of it. And, they first give you a warning if you start to overseed. Not a full out ban. I think if it truly was overseeding that he got banned for, that maybe he should have got a warning first.
    Are you out of you mind ? ... how you dare to consider me a " not good person" for giving away accounts in some trackers??

This is internet , not the real life .. , and when i did that , I was having a lot of family troubles and i didn't consider the consecuences, but i had good intentions with that , i wasn't trying to fuck my inviters, thats why i reconsider the giveaway , and erase a lot of accounts.

You DONT know me, so the next time please watch your words.

PS: I didn't want this kind of thread , i just wanted an answer for the unfair ban. Some people think that FST is the life.

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    ah well cant help you then, im not a member and i have never spoke to the staff over there, was just curious if that was the case or not.
    Thanks anyway
    Last edited by tiolewis; 09-04-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #90
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post

Myself, and my family, like to watch more than I can seed with the crappy connection that I have, and yes, I have lots of things to do... thanks for your concern. I'm happy for you if you're able to d/l everything you want, I'm able to do that too, now that I have a seedbox. I don't pay $10 for a news server because, IMO, newsgroups suck.
    I'm not concerned with the cost, like I said it's much cheaper than my cable bill, which if it wasn't for others in the house that watch it, I would cancel, since nearly everything I watch is something I've downloaded. I almost never watch network TV.
    Usenet is not for everyone, but to say that it "sucks" displays your outright inexperience and lack of knowledge. Some people, even after experimenting with it find that they would rather download content for free, but those are few and far between. And even of those, they never choose to revert due to lack of content.

Usenet was around way before private BT trackers. It predates them by some twenty years and releases of apps, TV programs, and the latest films traditionally go to Usenet first. It's always been that way. Usenet and its numerous groups, has many, many more uploaders than any private torrent site.

Now I'm not saying that some BT trackers don't have uploaders that cap TV shows or crack programs and release them exclusively to the site but Usenet is the place for getting releases first. You have to know the right groups, of course, but once you've got your favorite groups entrenched in your newsreader of choice, you'll find everything you need and will be able to download it sooner and faster than if you relied on your private tracker.

Using Giganews and Alt.Binz I have 240+ days of content to download* at max speeds which downloads, fixes, and extracts itself.

* As an example, Newzbin can provide me with approximately 120,000 posts of content** whilst the average on my private trackers is about 10,000. Usenet search engines reveal literally hundreds of thousands of files available.

** That's new and old content. At max speed. All the time. With no need to upload.

There really is no comparison.

The existence of so many users shilling out much more cash than a news server would cost, for seedboxes is just plain foolish and a waste of money.

yo

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast