Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which graphics card?

becomehokage's Avatar AAARGH! BT Rep: +1
    ATI cards are strong and not that expensive.Nvidia's 9 series failed imo so if you can get a 8800 ultra u'll be fine
    Im kay

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i have nvdia

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    What's a "Hammer"? From what I gather it must be some bit of hardware that helps a non-AGP card to fit into an AGP slot..? How much would getting the 8800+hammer cost..?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    You could forego the hammer and utilise a Junior Hacksaw to correct the slotting on the card.
    Sure it can be a little tricky for those new to hardware adaptation but the final result is comparable to the Hammer option yet junior hacksaws are available at a fraction of the cost.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    So I'm guessing it was a type of joke.. Roight..

So, getting serious now - What do I do with an AGP slot and the need for a card that will run most modern games for the next year or so..?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    lynx's Avatar .
    I thought we'd already given you the answer to that.

The most advanced card you will be able to get for an AGP slot is the Ati 3850, or if you don't want to spend too much on a card that's soon going to be redundant the cheaper 3650. Just make sure you don't inadvertently get the pci-e version.

Nvidia don't have an AGP card in the same performance range.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    to be honest Id consider sticking with what youve got and budget for a new pc, 500 quid (1000 USD though UK p[rices are over inflated through tax if you ask me!) some googling will get you a quad core behemoth... if you can fathom it out, asuming you dont have the technical ability to build one yourself theres plenty of guides online, if you do then head over to an etailer and see what you can get for the money... trust me its worth it
    Regards Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123