Thread: To those nice guys at OCZ: THANKS!

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    A little while ago I was in need of a couple of PSUs for my son and my brother's stepson when I came across a guy at a computer fair with a stall of new-looking PSUs of differing makes being sold 'as is'.
    Obviously I didn't expect much from the OCZ SXS600 and Antec units that I paid £5 each for and wasn't surprised to find them both dead once at home.

After chiding myself for wasting my time and then deciding it was only a tenner, I thought I'd check out the warranty deals on them.
    Although Antec need a sales receipt, OCZ don't and have an online RMA system that I used and later sent the unit off to Holland.
    After a couple of emails asking what's happening, my RMA status was changed to reflect that they would send me (at no cost) a replacement EXS800 unit.
    After another email a week later, they sent it to me as well.

I thought this was ultra cool - getting a £100 PSU for £23 including courier charge - and for the past three weeks my son has been overjoyed with this silent beast in his rig.
    I now realise that getting that unit exchanged wasn't really cool at all and that what really is cool is receiving another free EXS800 from OCZ this week.

Now that is what I call customer service.

Thanks, guys!
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Great to know, good companies are getting harder and harder to find these days. Where are they based out of??

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    The US, I believe. European operations centre seems to be The Netherlands.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Why did they send two?
    I've got the sxs600 btw and it's silent as well, incase you're wondering since you couldn't get it working.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    OCZ are a great company and theyre products are always on form! glad to hear you had a good experience though i suspect the courtesy PSU was accidental! either way their products are great right down to their mousemats!