Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explanation By A Mod

Why was "Meow" locked.

As you can see there was a brief flair but it settled on its' own.

This is not kindergarten, let us fucking have some fun, don't be control freaks.

Being a good moderator is like being a good referee, you are not noticed. Don't be some nervous Nancy who closes everything that is not about puppy dogs and kitty cats.

Christ, most people here are adults. We may disagree, we may get mad, but unless serious personal threats are made, just let us play.

After all, what are the consquences. Are 45,000 people going to run away because someone was called a retard, in jest?

This kind of paternalistic shit takes the wind out of my sails.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    I havent had a chance to read though the posts
    however, i've seen the first one by infamous
    and it seems like its just plain old spam.

Threads in the loungs should at least have
    a definite topic.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    BANNED
    well ya but it was getting a little crazy, it was kinda funny tho, besides i thought that there was no flaming allowed??

4. Lounge   -   #4
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Boys will be boys.

Should I wear a tie and ask for you to pass the salt, please.

This is the friggin lounge, unless data storage is the major issue controlling the forum, let people have some fun.

You think things are getting crazy, look at the heated and serious debates which developed in the old "Iraq war" forum.

This is a joke.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    BANNED
    politics will always end up in a fight that and religion both

good joke now pass the salt please
    we must set an example for the noobs thats the way i see i also know that if i was a mod it would be hard enough to control the board as is with out these kind of stuff with it i think it would be that much harder, hobbes i see your point and agree but everybody is not able to control themselves like you do and even tho i see your point i have to agree with the mods

and oh ya this is a joke also (a respond to the above joke)

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Forum Star
    Well, I don't know why it was closed. I found the whole thing rather amusing, but the forum has a method of dealing with this. If you feel that a mod acted inappropriately you can send a PM to VB or ask a mod to bring it to his attention.

However, the mod that did close that thread, did so with in the rules. You have to consider that tolerances differ from mod to mod, so you just gotta deal with it.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I would simply like a final post that states the reason for locking.

It is a real irritant to find a thread locked with no explanation,

As an adult, I guess I find it irksome to have some nameless, faceless, entity close a thread I am in because he "deems it so". Comes off as "power tripping" to me, nothing short.

I mean, this a free forum, we are not here to please a corporate sponsor. Controlling people so tightly is ridiculous.

As for the thread I was talking about, I had come to closure. I simply, and strongly, object to the tampering, period ,end.

It was not necessary. MODs you need to back off and stop letting your desire to control sabotage a fun and enjoyable experience.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I find it funny that the Mods who didn't lock a thread step forward to profess innocence and also state that they wouldn't have locked it.

Where are the people who actually locked it, and what do they have to say for themselves?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Hobbes, have you contacted VB or our new host about your faulty PM button?

I assume that's the problem as it's usually "above you" to seek attention this way.

It also surprises me to see that you have lost your sense of decency in regards to belittling the handicapped and minorities. You always seemed to be the first to jump to the defense of such groups when it was warranted. I don't know if the phorum has changed that or ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast