Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What.cd - Does it match OiNK?

waffles is closer to oink, but whatcd is also very very good. Since oink closed, we now have 2 oink's like sites: whatcd and waffles

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    what.cd is better than oink

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    PunX's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    it's easy to seed on what.cd

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    curtanwoo's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by waeldiab View Post

you lucky man i have my seed box and i cant seed there
    hmm.. it's not about seedbox, it's more about disk space and patience )
    ..but for now - yes, it's about seedbox.. with my 20mbit since the freeleech started i did already about 180gb upload
    Good job!

I could do that if I downloaded *everything*, seeded it like hell, and removed everything when 6 hours had passed. That seems a bit cheep though

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster
    What.CD is a great great site. Probably the best music bittorrent site around, and in many ways better than OiNK. There are new features being added every week which is a lot more than you can say with every other bittorrent site.
    They've also shared their codebase with everybody so that people can check it for security holes and help out with the coding. They're very forward thinking people.

Torrents wise the site now has 30 thousand more torrents than OiNK did when it was shutdown, and invites are relatively easy to come by. If you know about sharing music but don't have any friends with invites there is an irc room that they will interview you for an invite. Currently they're running a competition to increaese the variety of albums on the site and ending with a free-leech. Thousands of new albums have been uploaded; It's amazing!

In the next couple of months What.CD will surpass OiNK.

edit: As far as not being able to seed on a site such as this, as others have said it's really about patience and keeping everything seeding. Even with a seedbox unless you have 100+ torrents seeding you won't really get anywhere. Also uploading really pays off and keeps the site running well.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    curtanwoo's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lhnz View Post
    They've also shared their codebase with everybody so that people can check it for security holes and help out with the coding. They're very forward thinking people.
    They do? Hell, I didn't know that. (I'm rather new though.) Well, that rocks. I'm all about free software (free as in free speech).

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Torn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    What and Waffles are amazing in their own ways. Within this first year, they have exceeded most expectations... and by far! They are both doing a great job taking bit torrent in a new, useful direction.

However, if it wasn't for OiNK things may have been really, really different! Everything happens for a reason.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    MODERATION BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Yeah, there are music in both.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    i want what.cd

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    FACE_TO_FACE's Avatar -- F*ck LEVELS -- BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    The big difference between oink and what is the number of members = much more seeders/leechers on oink

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast