Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Scanner

http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/starthere/

Keep newly downloaded Kazaa and WinMX (+ other P2P program) files in private quarantine while sharing others.

Kazaa Scanner is a free simple P2P add-on utility to move downloaded files immediately into 'quarantine' (an unshared folder). Other users will still be able to upload your existing files but newly downloaded files are immediately moved into a non-shared 'review' folder of your choice.

Automatically move downloaded files into non-shared folders while still sharing other files.
    Save on bandwidth speed and ISP upload limits
    Reduce the number of fake files on the network
    Review files for fakes or errors before allowing uploading
    Maximum privacy without not sharing
    Organize your folders automatically
    Existing files in your shared folder will not be moved and will continue to be shared.
    Works with all versions of Kazaa and Kazaa Lite. Works with WinMX. Likely to work with Grokster, Morpheus, Bearshare and others (try it and let me know&#33. Adware and spyware free. No time limit. You can distribute this application freely.

Does not modify your existing install of Kazaa (or other P2P software) in any way.

Download, unzip and run setup.exe to install.
    Before downloading new files, run the scanner and click on 'Click to Scan'.
    See Help for instructions on how to default your folder settings.
    Send feedback and ideas to U.B. Thorhaug: thorhaug(put 'at' symbol here)telus.net

Kazaamedia.com: A Peer to Peer resource with all the latest downloads and information on how to configure Kazaa, Morpheus, BearShare, etc. to save bandwidth and protect privacy.

Version History:

Version 1.4
    - Added the folder explorer.
    - When scanning is enabled, one last scan is executed when the scanner is closed. (thanks again Bert)

Version 1.3
    - Added the ability to start scanning automatically when the application loads.

Version 1.2
    - Added the ability to ignore files suffixed by WinMX and other programs. (thanks Bert)
    - Added the file count in the caption for easy viewing. (thanks Bert)
    - Renames incoming file incrementally when duplicates found in Out Folder. No more deleting. (thanks Rob)
    - Fixed problem where if a non-ignored file was locked by the OS, other files may not be moved.

Version 1.1
    - Fixed the problem when folders didn't end in backslash "\".
    - Upped the 'Existing Files' limit to 1000.
    - Allow command line entry of what file extension to ignore (defaults to ".dat").
    - Overwrites files in Output folder if new file with same name is downloaded.
    - Automatically saves your folder settings in registry.

Version 1.0
    First release.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    ITS A LEECHER TOOL AND ALREADY POSTED BY ME SOME TIME AGO.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by sharedholder@4 September 2003 - 06:41
    I was thinking the sane thing as I read that, oh well.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Yeah, great idea, though most people would be too stupid to put the real files back into the shared folder just as they are too stupid to remove fake ones. Most people who are on Kazaa or simular networks are computer illiterate kids who want to download Eminem, unknowing that his lawyers are on the same network observing all that's happening, and that they are going to get tried as adults for all the felonies they are commiting and the mass damage that they caused to their hero's ego.

Except for me though. I don't download music, and if I did, the LAST thing I would download would be that cRap that he passes off as music.

(I just realized that this is going to be flamebait in the eyes of some 15yr old puke-faced snot who idolizes Eminem reguardless of his affiliation with the RIAA and his 50,000,000% markup prices on his CD's. We'll may get to see the type of people who I used as an example on this forum after all, I mean there's bound to be another Slim Shady wannabe here besides all 3 that were paid to participate in that music video.)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    On the one hand it IS a good idea to move files somewhere before you've reviewed them for authenticity/quality, to stop the same bad files being spread around the network...

On the other hand it IS a leech-tool, to help you download things and not share them...

Like everything else, it depends on the person using it.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i thinx it's an excellent idea! im so sic of d/ling crappy files!!! if it puts em somewhere else for examination, SO BE IT!!! this needs done to filter out bogus files.....hell while there at it, TAG YOUR MP3's for god's sake!!!! with music database programs such as musicmatch around it makes things much easier as far as organizing your music. WAKE UP SLACKERS!!!!!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@4 September 2003 - 06:41
    You are very true there Sharedholder.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by iHadYourMomLastNight@KaZaa@4 September 2003 - 20:57
    i thinx it's an excellent idea!    im so sic of d/ling crappy files!!!  if it puts em somewhere else for examination,  SO BE IT!!!  this needs done to filter out bogus files.....hell while there at it,  TAG YOUR MP3's for god's sake!!!!  with music database programs such as musicmatch around it makes things much easier as far as organizing your music.  WAKE UP SLACKERS!!!!!

No,WAKE-UP LEECHERS!!!!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Retired
    It would be nice if this prog. has an options to move certian extensions, so my mp3 go to my folder MP3 and my movies go to FILMS. if someone use it like this it's no LEECH program. because I also share that folders

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Patriot@4 September 2003 - 05:08

Keep newly downloaded Kazaa and WinMX (+ other P2P program) files in private quarantine while sharing others.

Kazaa Scanner is a free simple P2P add-on utility to move downloaded files immediately into 'quarantine' (an unshared folder). Other users will still be able to upload your existing files but newly downloaded files are immediately moved into a non-shared 'review' folder of your choice.

Automatically move downloaded files into non-shared folders while still sharing other files.
    Save on bandwidth speed and ISP upload limits
    Reduce the number of fake files on the network
    Review files for fakes or errors before allowing uploading
    Maximum privacy without not sharing
    Organize your folders automatically
    Existing files in your shared folder will not be moved and will continue to be shared.
    Works with all versions of Kazaa and Kazaa Lite. Works with WinMX. Likely to work with Grokster, Morpheus, Bearshare and others (try it and let me know&#33. Adware and spyware free. No time limit. You can distribute this application freely.

Does not modify your existing install of Kazaa (or other P2P software) in any way.

Download, unzip and run setup.exe to install.
    Before downloading new files, run the scanner and click on 'Click to Scan'.
    See Help for instructions on how to default your folder settings.
    Send feedback and ideas to U.B. Thorhaug: thorhaug(put 'at' symbol here)telus.net

Kazaamedia.com: A Peer to Peer resource with all the latest downloads and information on how to configure Kazaa, Morpheus, BearShare, etc. to save bandwidth and protect privacy.

Version History:

Version 1.4
    - Added the folder explorer.
    - When scanning is enabled, one last scan is executed when the scanner is closed. (thanks again Bert)

Version 1.3
    - Added the ability to start scanning automatically when the application loads.

Version 1.2
    - Added the ability to ignore files suffixed by WinMX and other programs. (thanks Bert)
    - Added the file count in the caption for easy viewing. (thanks Bert)
    - Renames incoming file incrementally when duplicates found in Out Folder. No more deleting. (thanks Rob)
    - Fixed problem where if a non-ignored file was locked by the OS, other files may not be moved.

Version 1.1
    - Fixed the problem when folders didn't end in backslash "\".
    - Upped the 'Existing Files' limit to 1000.
    - Allow command line entry of what file extension to ignore (defaults to ".dat").
    - Overwrites files in Output folder if new file with same name is downloaded.
    - Automatically saves your folder settings in registry.

Version 1.0
    First release.
    waste of your space wont you just get norton 2003 / auto protect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast