Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: hdbits ban users without reason

BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I'm sure they check to see what the reason logged was and if it is something that was clearly a conscious decision or indicates that you're really a bad user (especially if a major admin/sysop made the ban decision) then they don't see the need to explain or give you a chance to make an excuse. And they don't have to. There is nothing wrong with that. Sure, maybe on occasion an innocent person gets caught mistakenly, but I'm sure that is rare and the admins are not nubs who mess up things like that. Besides, it is just a torrent site.

I just thought of two reasons why people on HDB may be facing bans, 1) they have the inactivity rule where if on average you are not using 1GB up/down a week, then you aren't using your account enough or 2) uploading internal releases to BitHDTV or somewhere else, which they seem to have a big problem with.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    @dunson

They told me I am banned cause of multiple accounts, I know I have one and only account there, how any from staff can come to that conclusion?? What they can see so clearly by checking when its not true. Even nanosoft replied its admin's mistake, not his, and he wont change admin's decision, so EVEN THEIR STAFF AINT SURE, cause they cant be sure at all cause its wrong decision totaly.

I was active, seeding 4 hd movies at the time I'm disabled.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    some people just dont like acknowledging if they make mistakes or not
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    nipple's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by users View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nipple View Post
    ask any1 dude who entered the irc they will not make anything at least know why u r disabled !!!!!!!! they will not help
    wtf?.then whats the point??.

or do you mean just some staff in irc don't help?.
    dont know why that!!!!!!!1

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by users View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nipple View Post
    yes thats right u will stay for more than 4 hours and then nwo : what is the problem ? USERNAME ? USER : my account was disbaled ****** nwo : wait i will check USER : ok nwo : !kb .. and they will not tell u at least why!!!!!!!!!! AS FBI said new bitmetv :S:S:S:S
    is that true?, so there's no point in going to irc with disabled acc?, they won't help?.
    I would say to u, always try, u dont have nothing to lose, more then account u already lost at that time Maybe u catch them in better mood, or they change their attitude after topics like this, which I really doubt. As I see, they simply dont care, the most important to them is they are moderators on hdbits, whatever that title means they dont care.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by makkienator View Post
    @dunson

They told me I am banned cause of multiple accounts, I know I have one and only account there, how any from staff can come to that conclusion?? What they can see so clearly by checking when its not true. Even nanosoft replied its admin's mistake, not his, and he wont change admin's decision, so EVEN THEIR STAFF AINT SURE, cause they cant be sure at all cause its wrong decision totaly.

Yes I know why you were banned, I was just thinking of reasons people may be banned recently.

The quote you gave doesn't indicate that they admitted a mistake, iirc, but whatever the case is, it is important for staff not to question each other on simple things like this.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    @dunson

Yes I know why you were banned, I was just thinking of reasons people may be banned recently.

The quote you gave doesn't indicate that they admitted a mistake, iirc, but whatever the case is, it is important for staff not to question each other on simple things like this.
    Its not simple thing at all, imagine u on my place to be banned for reason u know isnt true and things u know u didnt do, old account, good ratio, active seed, and when u try to get support, mods acting to u like a piece of garbage. I would like them to feel that.

Trackers depend on users, u can have best uploaders on planet, but without peer/leechers, your tracker is nothing. So its not simple thing when u disable accounts.
    Last edited by makkienator; 09-18-2008 at 02:15 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    are these bans a sign of them opening sign ups? or should I be looking for an invite?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39

Its not simple thing at all, imagine u on my place to be banned for reason u know isnt true and things u know u didnt do, old account, good ratio, active seed, and when u try to get support, mods acting to u like a piece of garbage. I would like them to feel that.

Trackers depend on users, u can have best uploaders on planet, but without peer/leechers, your tracker is nothing. So its not simple thing when u disable accounts.
    If you're actually innocent, then that sucks. But according to one of your posts, HD movies is pretty far down on your list of things you download. So it isn't such a big loss.

But HDBits has more than enough great users that they aren't going anywhere. So it is simple to ban one user who an admin finds has multiple accounts. I find it suspicious that you started an account here 4 days ago and then have this problem, most of your posts are in this thread and honestly, it seems like all the people coming to complain about HDBits bans have are never the good, trusted users that are recognizable to many.

So the argument that you and a handful of others being banned and staff not responding to your complaints in IRC will lead to the demise of HDBits has no weight. We'll be fine without you, really.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40

If you're actually innocent, then that sucks. But according to one of your posts, HD movies is pretty far down on your list of things you download. So it isn't such a big loss.

But HDBits has more than enough great users that they aren't going anywhere. So it is simple to ban one user who an admin finds has multiple accounts. I find it suspicious that you started an account here 4 days ago and then have this problem, most of your posts are in this thread and honestly, it seems like all the people coming to complain about HDBits bans have are never the good, trusted users that are recognizable to many.

So the argument that you and a handful of others being banned and staff not responding to your complaints in IRC will lead to the demise of HDBits has no weight. We'll be fine without you, really.
    I guess u just dont look further enough, I have here other account, but I dont want to use same id as on other trackers, including hdbits, and being banned on another tracker where some moderator from hdbits is also part of staff. I am just avoiding possible further consequences that I could have from these personalities.

And if I start sharing here invites, I will fastly have reputation here, and that would be proof how good user I am?? Yea, sure. Also I dont like to have posts like 'bump' and similar, and then have more posts to look I'm active here.

Hdbits staff already lost reputation, before me and my topic.

P.S. And hdbits admin found sheet on me, same sheet he smoke the day he disabled me cause of multiple accounts

And I would just add that my first account here is from 2006., unlike yours which is from 2008. But does it matter at all for this discussion? I am posting with another id to avoid possible punishment from hdbits staff, thats all.
    Last edited by makkienator; 09-18-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast