Thread: Forwarding Ports

Poster BT Rep: +4
    Well, I've done this before, following the how-tos on portforward.com for specific modems. Well, I recently switched ISPs, and now have modem, that they don't have a how to for...

It is the Arris Tm502g

Does anyone know how to forward ports on the router?

I mean I'm connectable, but the ports aren't forwarded/open, according to utorrent...so speeds are still affected, correct?

So, how do I resolve this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    how to resolve this? forward the ports. Once you've done it once, doing it again isnt hard cuz you already know the basics. Its almost the same steps to portforward in every router

this should be moved the the hardware/software

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    What is a bit confusing about your post is that your new modem is a Arris Tm502g but you ask how to forward ports on your router. So it isn't really important to know what modem you're using but, instead what router you're using.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by Vor View Post
    What is a bit confusing about your post is that your new modem is a Arris Tm502g but you ask how to forward ports on your router. So it isn't really important to know what modem you're using but, instead what router you're using.
    Exactly the modem has noting to do with it, its the router