Thread: Lexmark X73 Printer

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I have a Lexmark X75 All In One Printer. Would it be possible to refill the black ink catridge with the refills available at ASDA etc? Although it says on the pack that it is suitable for Lexmark I was just checking to see if this is true or not.
    Thank You in anticipation..
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Not sure whats wrong, why it went wrong or how hard it would be to fix, but i'm having ink flow troubles with a printer whose ink i refilled. I could well be blaming the wrong thing, but at the moment I reckon those things are a bad idea.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    @bigboab,

I have that same printer/scanner. I have refilled the black twice so far. I used "Ink-Jet Refill" by nomi. Works great!

One piece of advice, refill before it gets empty because if you run it dry you will burn out the printhead (which is built into the ink cartridge).

http://www.inkrefill.com/ibm7000.html#lexm...k%207000%20kits

Edit: Oops!!! I just realized that you may not have exactly the same model. Your thread title and your posted message don't match. Mine is the X73. Anyway... I think it will still work.

Which one is it?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Thanks 1234. It was my mistake. I actually have the X75. I am going to try the refill. Anything has got to be cheaper than 25 to 30 pounds for the Lexmark replacement.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.