Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ftp speed is slow from ovh seedbox! [reason?]

silent2k8's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    now the speed is ok 193kb

so what we understand from this
    in themorning its was from 50 kb to 10 kb for 4 hours
    in the afternoon 5kb to 0 kb for 5 hours
    in the evening 200 to 100 kb now thats the speed - for couple of minutes
    its back 0kb while i am writing the post ) its ok standing still!
    now back 200 kb
    maybe they are blocking or something.i should go talk to the support immadietely i am sick of it

whats going on here, why its so unstable???????????
    Last edited by silent2k8; 09-19-2008 at 04:59 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Use a good multithreading ftp client like 3dftp. use the search function to find at least 3 more threads talking about this issue.
    See ya in another life, brother.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    silent2k8's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people .

haha funny

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    is this true or do people just not know what they're doing? i'm planning on leaving Leaseweb for ovh but i won't if it's this gay. i max out my 20mb connection with leaseweb. will ovh not do this?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    it will if you know what you are doing.
    i max out my 32mbit cable connection with OVH, and im in the usa.
    setup vsftpd on your box correctly; get a client like 3d-ftp, and youll be good to go.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I used to download at 1MB/s which was ok, but now i can't get speeds greater than 200KB/s (avg. speed 150KB/s) and as low as 30KB/s which pretty much sucks.

3d-ftp will do nothing if OVH's link to your country/ISP is lame.But since i'm on a shared box i'd give OVH the benefit of the doubt.This could be due to a lot of reasons.
    Last edited by stacker; 09-23-2008 at 06:33 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Got a dedicated Kimi and the ftp seeds do indeed suck at 8k-20k a thread

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    this thread almost persuaded me not to buy an ovh dedi. i'm so glad i decided to pay it no attention. i purchased the kimsufi XL and i easily max my 20mbit connection. i also remote-upload via ftp to rapidshare at 10+ mb/s. couldn't be happier with ovh..

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by eMoneyBags View Post
    this thread almost persuaded me not to buy an ovh dedi. i'm so glad i decided to pay it no attention. i purchased the kimsufi XL and i easily max my 20mbit connection. i also remote-upload via ftp to rapidshare at 10+ mb/s. couldn't be happier with ovh..
    Glad you have a good experience. Just tried again and get the same slow speeds roughly 8-15 kbps per thread on a Kimi L and Kimi Xl via ftp download
    Last edited by Neoworld; 10-05-2008 at 12:56 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoworld View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eMoneyBags View Post
    Glad you have a good experience. Just tried again and get the same slow speeds roughly 8-15 kbps per thread on a Kimi L and Kimi Xl via ftp download
    that sucks. are you using vsftpd? that's the ftp server i'm using. i've never tried the other ones but this one works great. the problem may be your ftp server.
    Last edited by eMoneyBags; 10-06-2008 at 12:12 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12