Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCT access...

Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    why dont you post your diary in here as well?
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Swax's Avatar n00blet
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    what do you guys think of iYoda getting booted from the site ??
    He shouldn't have got booted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Swax View Post
    He shouldn't have got booted.

so you disagree with what feeling did ?? would you care to elaborate ... we're all friends here...

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Stiffler
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    what do you guys think of iYoda getting booted from the site ??

apparently he had a falling out with feeling ... no one seems much interested to discuss it ...

from what i've heard it was regarding some "sct.swe" channel where some of the staff goes to badmouth feeling ?? hell i am so confused i don't get it... some brave soul uploaded the chat log from that channel here it is if anyone cares..

i believe iYoda is StifflerNewb in this log... i didn't translate it...

Spoiler: Show
    Ok sorry for bumping a old thread, just got this linked, missed it since I'm not active in the BT community anymore.

To clarify:
    #ScT.SWE is a channel I started for all the swedes to go and have nice chat, during the years we've always been sort of a "safe haven" for discussions about staff. nothing has been offlimits even when I was staff.

there has been alot of talking, mainly about feeling since I and a few others have felt that he abuses his admin status. now I did a really stupid thing around xmas 2007 (after I left staff) and caused a shitstorm. not involving the rest of the community most of it was spread between 3 people (me, feeling and kimii former moderator). I wont go into detail about it cause I was wrong saying things others had shared with me and told me not to pass on.

Well basically I left the forums for a while and thanks to djgrrr I was allowed to keep my account.

I started using the forums again and kept away from feeling, only joining #sct.swe to keep in touch with the awesome people there. then sct started the text-based mmorpg and I started playing, joined a clan and also the irc-channel. feeling was in it and we talked once or twice, no fighting so I thought he had let the stuff from the past go.

anyway, I decide to quit playing and a couple of days after that he joins #sct.swe that was when that chat happend. basically I didn't want him there because I know he asks people to translate stuff and I just had the feeling he was after me.

so the following two days I kept on changing the topic to "Meet up in #<secret channel> if I get banned" and he kept changing it, abusing his ircop rights.

so one morning I wake up, change the topic back and go to work. I come home from work and find myself banned and my nick on the site changed.

I talk to deviant, who I wasn't as close to as kavselj for example and I know he's good with this sort of stuff. Anyway, I translate the logs and send them to him. I also talked to other members of staff and they all agreed that feeling wasn't right in banning me. I ask deviant to investige the whole thing and suddenly the day after (atleast I think it was the day after) I got word from deviant that feeling claimes I blackmailed him. I am yet to see proof of this. No logs no nothing. Suddenly it all shifts and now I get to play the badguy here. Still no proof.

Feeling troughout this claimed he had witnesses. I tried to say that that was impossible for the following two reasons:
    1) I made no threats towards him
    2) The only channel we both were in was #sct.swe with close to 100 people in it, and none of them had logs of me blackmailing him, so the claimed blackmailing must've been made via PM on irc. Now IF I made the threat to him in PM how the hell can he have witnesses if I made the supposed threats over PM? Was someone at his place looking over his shoulder?

The only thing I can even think about being close to blackmailing feeling was telling deevz (who I was speaking to in PM during the conversation in #sct.swe that is logged above) that I was thinking about pasting the logs in the forum to show people the dark side of feeling. I then said I wouldn't, I would simply take the backseat in the channel while he was still there.

Again sorry for the bump, but this is my story. This has not been a pure negative thing for me since I have left the tracker community and discoverd communities without all the drama.

If anyone has any questions regarding this I'm on P2P-Network under the nickname Behati_Prinsloo these days.

Stiffler out

(Oh and I'm not the first one of the ex. staffer to get this treatment, ask Chriz and Greensmoker. Man I miss them)

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    vic's Avatar Poster
    Everybody knows who feeling is.

I won't say my personal opinion on him as it doesn't matter, but know that you are not alone.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    im sorry for you man, your post were entertainment.
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Seems like a lot of people dislikes this guy.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    yourname's Avatar Member
    no problems with the site for me either

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    hrmm well i seee.... personally i have no problem with feeling or any of the ScT staff...

only thing i know about feeling is that he's always been interested in torrent racing times that's about it ...

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Π iN Ba57ArΠ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    Ok sorry for bumping a old thread, just got this linked, missed it since I'm not active in the BT community anymore.

To clarify:

Oh k...well....now what?while I abhor the attitude of self that feeling putatively maintains [word is] I think its unfair to throw these overall critiques of a complete discourteous narcissist.

While we are free to put out the truth as we feel predisposed (maybe for heuristical edification of the next generation of buccaneers on what's passable and what's not),its not right to hang out people of his calibre as this guy has done.

BT has its [fact]owners[/fact] and by this I mean people who literally hold the copyright to what good bittorrent is today.Feeling is one of these people and so is dj and spx and some NLs and a couple other people behind the scenes.Stiff and kavselj took the low road on this one and i think they lost.

Am also of the opinion that the good should outweigh the bad and perhaps for his contribution in time and effort to making an l33+ scene as insecure as ever for the sake of a leninist bittorrent,he deserved a much more deferential humiliation than this(with emphasis to kavselj).

I once went balls out on one of the aforementioned people but upon some reflection,I had no option but to apologize simply because my conduct as I saw was immature.I again almost went balls out on this one but upon rumination I realised that it wasn't worth it.You might disagree with how people conduct themselves but then again you realise human beings aren't standardized commodities.

Also when you look at the big picture,people like him(unlike some wannabes),do transcend the drama.
    Perhaps alluding to RL,Clinton got reelected despite the Lewinsky theatrics yet guys like Edwards are facing an almost certain end to their careers over similar infidelity issues and you ask yourself why.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast