Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: What u wish about trackers

Borat's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    And seriously, why would someone create a thread like that in a sub-forum like this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I wish that sites like this would keep retards from posting... oh wait, this isn't a tracker. Silly me!

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well i am going to answer this from the title of the thread, not from the post as the post did not make sense with the title.

What i would like to see is a lot more Innovative Ideas from trackers.

What i mean by that is, F*N went ratio free, which even I raised my eyebrows to (even though i had suggested that to my staff and they did not like it one bit lol). but it works because of the member core they built up over a year or 2, and the small number of members as well.

S*T done the .75 download counts not the full 1 on torrents, another innovative idea.

What made gazelle, a complete new tracker, I am not sure if there is anything innovative in it (modifications), but the coding is innovative.

F*C have a seeding time mod (i think), I have no idea how it works though.

Not to blow our own trumpet here, but we have SP and soon the new referal system, which actually rewards members for bringing good members in.

That to me is the problem with invites, you get punished if you bring a bad member in, but if you bring a good member in, you get nothing for it. so people are more careless with their invites or are to strict and never use them.

I am pretty sick of hearing about Freeleech, and * upload rubbish, ok if 1 or 2 trackers did it, fair enough, but every (or nearly) every tracker does it.

I just wish more tracker owners would push the boat out and try something away from the norm, ok if it does not work, change it back, but at least they tried, and its not for me to copy either, if a tacker has done something before, I will not do it, or i will change it for us anyway.

If i have missed any innovative trackers out of the above, I appologize, I am only a member of mine, and have no rep, so maybe Users can fill me in on them lol

honestly i must come up with 5-10 new ideas a month for us, not all get done, and some get shouted down, but if i can come up with that many, i am pretty sure other tracker owners can as well (the hard part is coding the bloody things)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456