Thread: radeon 9250 agp video card question

Unsure

I have a radeon 9250 agp video card with a s-video plug on it. Question i want to know if i connect s-video plug to a video player will the computer pick up the movie on the computer with software to suite.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    If your asking if the video will be put through the s-video then yes
    as long as the video card is set to output through the s-video port
    then all video will go through there, no matter what program you use
    it will play through s-video as long as the video card is set to it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    I read that the other way round, otherwise why would you need extra software. If I'm right, the question is can the computer see an incoming video stream.

In that case, the answer is maybe, it depends on the exact model of card. On most 9250 cards the s-video port is purely tv-out but on a few it is a vivo (video-in, video-out) port.

Even if you've got a vivo card, you need to remember that it does exactly what it says on the tin - VIDEO in VIDEO out, no audio. You have to make a separate connection to the audio card/chip to capture the audio content at the same time. Some more up-to-date cards will route the audio through the card too, but not this one.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Ok I read it again and your right lynx...lol

Dont know how I read that backwards anyway theres your answer hunter

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ok I read it again and your right lynx...lol

Dont know how I read that backwards anyway theres your answer hunter

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thanks guys for your help