Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: > Torrenting With A Proxy

  1. #1
    hey i was wondering how do i set this up?

    i'm in college now, in singapore, and only hdbits and waffles work in school. all the other trackers (what.cd/ demonoid/ all pubtrackers) seem to be blocked. (torrents are red) i'd like to be able to access them. only thing i can think of is using a proxy.

    1) I've grabbed a couple of proxies off http://fresh-proxy-list.net/FreshAnonymous...oxy%20List.html
    and put them into connection/proxy server field in utorrent, but it doesn't make a difference.

    2) i can't forward ports on the school's server (since i don't have access), so is there any workaround to get an open port?

    3) should i change the port field in proxy server? what about port field on top then?

    4) do i need to make any other adjustments/changes to settings on my computer, other than the proxy server settings in utorrent?

    5) is there any way to check if i'm actually running through the proxy server? cus right now changing the proxy settings in utorrent isn't doing anything for me.

    by the way that little NAT icon with the tick at the bottom of utorrent's red. but somehow for hdbits and waffles i've been able to continue seeding. sometimes up to a few hundred kB/s. and then it'll drop to 0 for awhile, and then start again.

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    c0njur's Avatar ? BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    80
    I have the same problem as the OP. Hoping somebody can answer.
    I actually have an external server I can use for a proxy, I just dont know how to do it.

    I hate throttling..

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    470
    Do the public sites such as Demonoid open up in the browser?

    In case they only poisoned the domain name server, you could try to just place the direct
    address instead of the tracker's name - what.cd resolves to 70.47.114.220 here.

    The good news is, torrents don't seem to be blocked generally.
    If you manage to get the tracker announce through proxy, you might be able to swap with the peers directly.

    Proxys always go down, usually they are accidentally open and get closed when the administrator finds out.
    You need good luck to find a decent one and it might disappear today or tomorrow.

    For a first test, you can use this comcast user: 24.218.164.212:25552@socks4
    you use this for tracker announce, so you uncheck peer-to-peer connections
    Last edited by Sonnentier; 09-23-2008 at 02:28 PM.

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1. if you can't dl the torrents, themsevles there's usally a text option.

    2. Find an SSH server to forward your traffic to and then back to ur ISP. In utorrent settings there's some options where u can choice the port etc. of your configured SSH Tunnel.

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by c0njur View Post
    I actually have an external server I can use for a proxy, I just dont know how to do it.
    set up openvpn on port 443 tcp... and have fun

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulzz View Post
    1. if you can't dl the torrents, themsevles there's usally a text option.

    2. Find an SSH server to forward your traffic to and then back to ur ISP. In utorrent settings there's some options where u can choice the port etc. of your configured SSH Tunnel.
    get the 199.99 from your-freedom for unlimited speed and secure encryption. They also offer lower packages suited to your requirements

    you wont have shaping issues on any protocols and you can be assured of privacy regarding ISP snooping or third party sniffing

    good luck

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by horiZen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulzz View Post
    1. if you can't dl the torrents, themsevles there's usally a text option.

    2. Find an SSH server to forward your traffic to and then back to ur ISP. In utorrent settings there's some options where u can choice the port etc. of your configured SSH Tunnel.
    get the 199.99 from your-freedom for unlimited speed and secure encryption. They also offer lower packages suited to your requirements

    you wont have shaping issues on any protocols and you can be assured of privacy regarding ISP snooping or third party sniffing

    good luck
    200E to leech some shit? LoL might as well wait 2 weeks after pre and just buy the DVDs you want that month.

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    183
    depends on what you want to do with such a service, that is other than p2p, they offer lower priced packages @reasonable prices as well, perhaps more suited to a torrenting application/enviroment.

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnentier View Post
    Do the public sites such as Demonoid open up in the browser?

    In case they only poisoned the domain name server, you could try to just place the direct
    address instead of the tracker's name - what.cd resolves to 70.47.114.220 here.

    The good news is, torrents don't seem to be blocked generally.
    If you manage to get the tracker announce through proxy, you might be able to swap with the peers directly.

    Proxys always go down, usually they are accidentally open and get closed when the administrator finds out.
    You need good luck to find a decent one and it might disappear today or tomorrow.

    For a first test, you can use this comcast user: 24.218.164.212:25552@socks4
    you use this for tracker announce, so you uncheck peer-to-peer connections
    sorry for not following up with my question. been a busy week.

    i'm not having much trouble accessing the tracker sites in my browser, rather i'm having problems accessing the trackers in utorrent.

    like i said, hdbits.org and waffles work, everything else doesn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c0njur View Post
    I actually have an external server I can use for a proxy, I just dont know how to do it.
    set up openvpn on port 443 tcp... and have fun
    i will need access to an external server to do this?
    Last edited by athenaesword; 09-29-2008 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    yes you need a your own server outside (or just rent the service from someone else)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •