Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PeerGuardian 2.0

Just done some research and found out this page http://www.teckh.com/?p=185 with script to automatically download files from internet. Did some modifications to rename the file after downloading.

Script:

'===DemoGetImageStream.vbs===
    '
    'Requires:
    '
    ' - IE 5+ for "Microsoft.XMLHTTP"
    ' - ADO 2.5+ for "adodb.stream"
    '
    sSrcUrl = "http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/"
    sDestFolder = "d:\"
    sImageFile = "nipfilter.dat.gz"

set oHTTP = WScript.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")

oHTTP.open "GET", sSrcUrl & sImageFile, False
    oHTTP.send

set oStream = createobject("adodb.stream")
    Const adTypeBinary = 1
    Const adSaveCreateOverWrite = 2
    oStream.type = adTypeBinary
    oStream.open
    oStream.write oHTTP.responseBody
    oStream.savetofile sDestFolder & sImageFile, adSaveCreateOverWrite

set oStream = nothing
    set oHTTP = nothing

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    objFSO.MoveFile "d:\nipfilter.dat.gz" , "d:\ipfilter.dat"

WScript.Echo "Done..."

Just copy script to notepad and save as script.vbs (or some other name). Use scheduler to run it every week. Just change folders to one uTorrent uses.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Just done some research and found out this page http://www.teckh.com/?p=185 with script to automatically download files from internet. Did some modifications to rename the file after downloading.

Script:

'===DemoGetImageStream.vbs===
    '
    'Requires:
    '
    ' - IE 5+ for "Microsoft.XMLHTTP"
    ' - ADO 2.5+ for "adodb.stream"
    '
    sSrcUrl = "http://from where you get list"
    sDestFolder = "d:\"
    sImageFile = "list.dat"

set oHTTP = WScript.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")

oHTTP.open "GET", sSrcUrl & sImageFile, False
    oHTTP.send

set oStream = createobject("adodb.stream")
    Const adTypeBinary = 1
    Const adSaveCreateOverWrite = 2
    oStream.type = adTypeBinary
    oStream.open
    oStream.write oHTTP.responseBody
    oStream.savetofile sDestFolder & sImageFile, adSaveCreateOverWrite

set oStream = nothing
    set oHTTP = nothing

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If objFSO.FileExists("d:\ipfilter.dat") Then
    objFSO.deletefile("d:\ipfilter.dat")
    Else

objFSO.MoveFile "d:\list.dat" , "d:\ipfilter.dat"

End If

WScript.Echo "Done..."

Just copy script to notepad and save as script.vbs (or some other name). Use scheduler to run it every week. Just change folders to one uTorrent uses. If it gives you error Access denied in Vista go to this site for solution http://blogs.msdn.com/jpsanders/arch...is-denied.aspx. Download link is no longer working, and forgot to mention list must be uncompressed or download uncompressed list. If is compressed add (below Else line):

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    objShell.exec "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\winrar.exe x -y d:\nipfilter.dat.gz d:\"
    wscript.sleep 5000

I hate lag.

EDIT: added line to check if file exist and rewrite it
    Last edited by vodopija; 09-25-2008 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    But you can use the encryption from utorrent too
    The purpose of using encryption and using Peerguardian are completely different. One has nothing to do with the other.
    The point is not to be catch isn't it? Then it gets the same purpose, been almost invisible and getting data that almost nobody can see, well it is the samething I think, if it is not explain the difference then.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Uhhhh, you been a member since 06 and dont know what encryption is...

What encryption is for...

Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are actively interfering with P2P activities to reduce their bandwidth requirements.
    This causes the download speeds of file sharing programs, to become slow. To avoid this, µTorrent and other clients
    have introduced Protocol Encryption to prevent ISPs from identifying BitTorrent traffic.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by XxRaVeNxX View Post
    Uhhhh, you been a member since 06 and dont know what encryption is...

What encryption is for...

Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are actively interfering with P2P activities to reduce their bandwidth requirements.
    This causes the download speeds of file sharing programs, to become slow. To avoid this, µTorrent and other clients
    have introduced Protocol Encryption to prevent ISPs from identifying BitTorrent traffic.
    That's the samething I wrote, but you had to copy it, at least you should have used your own words, but anyway thanks for nothing.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by XxRaVeNxX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

EDIT: Nevermind, I copied and pasted the actual word ipfilter.dat that Raven typed in his post, instead of typing it myself, and renamed the .dat to it. But he misspelled ipfilter and I didn't catch it until now.
    Whats the correct spelling of ipfilter.dat....I don't think i misspelled anything...
    Actually you did. You spelled ipfiliter.dat(by the way, I copied and pasted that from your initial post just now). Notice there is an "i" after "l". No biggie, simple mistake. I just didn't catch it when I copied and pasted it.

By the way, I was keeping any eye on uTorrent last night when it had the ipfilter that you linked enabled in it, and I was getting much slower speeds in uTorrent. And as soon as I deleted the ipfilter, my downloads would jump right back up to my max. So I think it may be blocking way too many peers. The I would paste the ipfilter back into the folder and re-enable it, and my downloads would again slow down. So I just scrapped the .dat.

Have you had this problem at all with the one you linked?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    i just added the ipfiletrx ipfilter.dat to ut and found quite a bit of bad ips trying to connect and i had torrents only from private trackers running

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234