Thread: uTorrent is malfunctioning.

Question Mark

I do believe it is solely a local problem, and it requires a small amount of background. I am using a wireless router for internet, on a home system, and whenever I download, it ties up internet [bandwidth?]. That, I know is to be expected, but to be fair to everyone who uses the router, I decided to schedule utorrent only at night, to have it run only from 12:09am to 7:00am, where the same schedule thing would stop it for when I wake up, and get online. It did this, once, and I thought it went off without a hitch, but then, later, every time I start utorrent, some torrents that were finished, downloaded, then erased keep popping up, and even though the ".torrent" is gone, it still pops up, with the error that it can't find it and all. And a 4.23gB folder downloaded also starts checking to redownload. Even though it is finished downloading, and so far, all the videos in it work. It also says that it only downloaded 2.78 gigs. What is wrong, and what should I do? Or should I just erase the ".torrent" files, and not worry about it.

Utorrent 1.8 Build 11813

Update: The "missing torrents" stopped showing up.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Utorrent will show "error can't find file" if the file is in any way changed, like if you change tags in music. Is the 4.23GB file fully downloaded or only partly. If it still has pieces left to download, it would make sense it is checking the file each time you start up utorrent. Also, why are you using wireless for torrenting? Maybe it's fine, but I like the stability of being plugged in.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    It has said it was fully downloaded, and I use wireless because there is only one modem, and no ethernet ports in my house.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    no ports? get a switch

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    The wireless outer has no ports?? What make/model is it??

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Oh, the router has ports, I was refering to wall ports. The router is downstairs, and maybe a good 50 yards of cable would be needed if we do it outside of the walls, which would just look tacky. But back to the torrent problem... Any advice?