Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burning A Movie

k well what i will do is i went to the roxio website and read about the product, so imma download it cause i can burn to 2 discs but how will it do this? will i have to split the file or will the program do it automatically? like put it on the two discs or will i have to do a bunch of stuff first?

you have been so patient with this whole problem thanks and the only solution looks like i have to get roxio cd creator 6.

Dee

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    oh avi splitter! i get it, should i try that first then? but the Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 still sounds cool though i will get that ne ways, hey is this true?

Keeping data CDs in the dark for two years isn't a good idea. According to the Dutch magazine PC Activesome CD-Rs degrade in months, even at room temperature without sunlight. PC Active tested data disks from 30 manufacturers that were recorded 20 months ago. Several data CDs developed serious errors, or became virtually unreadable. A graphic shows what can happen when CD-Rs are left too long in the drawer. The colours of the CD-R on the right indicate the severity of the errors; white specifies that the disk can be read well, red that it can't be read.
    Some manufacturers claim that their CDs are good for at least 10 years, if you keep them out of the sunlight. Some even say that their CDs will last up to a century; but the Dutch test seems to suggest that CD-R is the wrong medium to store photos, music or data files for posterity. It makes you wonder how the various DVD disk formats stack up. PC Active believes that different dye systems used for CD-R disks are the root of the evil. Some dyes are more stable than others. The most stable dyes are used primarily in premium brands. A combination of heat and light and marginal drives also contributes to the deterioration. Higher recording speeds are not the issue.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    Roxio automatically does it for you when you burn data. Maybe video too but I'm not sure on that.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by dee_madison2003@5 September 2003 - 02:46
    oh avi splitter! i get it, should i try that first then?
    You might aswell, could come in handy for other files too.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    oh avi splitter! i get it, should i try that first then? but the Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 still sounds cool though i will get that ne ways, hey is this true?

Keeping data CDs in the dark for two years isn't a good idea. According to the Dutch magazine PC Activesome CD-Rs degrade in months, even at room temperature without sunlight. PC Active tested data disks from 30 manufacturers that were recorded 20 months ago. Several data CDs developed serious errors, or became virtually unreadable. A graphic shows what can happen when CD-Rs are left too long in the drawer. The colours of the CD-R on the right indicate the severity of the errors; white specifies that the disk can be read well, red that it can't be read.
    Some manufacturers claim that their CDs are good for at least 10 years, if you keep them out of the sunlight. Some even say that their CDs will last up to a century; but the Dutch test seems to suggest that CD-R is the wrong medium to store photos, music or data files for posterity. It makes you wonder how the various DVD disk formats stack up. PC Active believes that different dye systems used for CD-R disks are the root of the evil. Some dyes are more stable than others. The most stable dyes are used primarily in premium brands. A combination of heat and light and marginal drives also contributes to the deterioration. Higher recording speeds are not the issue.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by dee_madison2003@5 September 2003 - 02:55
    hey is this true?

I hope not
    Maybe I should start letting my cds get some fresh air, maybe let them sit by the window when it's nice outside.
    Don't thinks it's true

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    They almost make it sound like you should leave them in the sunlight. Just poor writing I think.

The rest may well be true.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    lol oh guess what? with avi splitter i took out the beginning and it didnt delete the part out of the original file just left it there
    so is this how its supposed to be or do i need to watch in slo motion then do it that way? lol cause 2 discs would be sorta a waste cause the second would only have like 24 seconds of film on it lol

Dee

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    well im getting more and more confused i just think they are trying to get people to think that cd-r's arent safe not to use them cause they will just stop working i have some discs that have been burnt for over a year now and i use them sometimes or every now and then

Dee

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    well guys i think im going to go to bed now, i have to go to school in the morning, i will message both of you tomorrow k?

Nite
    also thanks for all ur help ur such great friends and friendly at that

Dee

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast