Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what am i doing wrong here ??

RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    what is your connection speed and did you set "number of connections" at the utorrent with correctly?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Borat's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    see the bt client configuration! If it is not from there it could really exists partial seeders (marked as leechers on your client) or the other seeders are so fasters that that can mantain the max download speed of all the leechers, seedbox usualy do that on bitme!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    Are the peers in the faster tracker closer geographically? I find that my slow seeding is usually intercontinental, but my connection gets used well when it is someone within a few hundred miles. Check the IPs on the peer list and see what's up.
    sorry but i dont understand what you are talking here

Quote Originally Posted by RedRansom View Post
    what is your connection speed and did you set "number of connections" at the utorrent with correctly?
    same here

Quote Originally Posted by Borat View Post
    see the bt client configuration! If it is not from there it could really exists partial seeders (marked as leechers on your client) or the other seeders are so fasters that that can mantain the max download speed of all the leechers, seedbox usualy do that on bitme!
    same here

can you all explain it more clearly

sorry for being a noob,iam still learning

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I'll try to explain it to you.
    UTorrent uses a priority system.Internet speed is dependant on distance.The closer your source the faster it can get to you and uTorrent functions so that anyone downloading will try to connect to the fastest seed.
    That's why if you look under peers you see numbers like 23(30) for example.Of the possible 30 leechers you are only connecting to 23.Because of your slower upload 7 peers are using a better(faster source)

The other possibility is those 7 unaccounted for peers are partial seeding;they have only downloaded a percentage of the total files available and therefore are finished downloading even though they are still displayed as leeching.Great for them bad for you.

Easiest way to set connection is to run the speedtest and let uTorrent do it automatically.
    Hope that helps I know I'm not the best at explaining stuff.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    are you connectable?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Sorry, I've just realised you bolded a part of the post. Thought you were talking about broadband vs dial up (it's been a long day).

Yes, it does depend on the pieces that each peer has for things to be flying along without seeds.
    In most clients, they will have a number somewhere, possibly near the number of seeds you are connected to. It'll usually be a float (decimal) number, something like +7.45
    This is the number of complete copies that can be made if all the seeds went away.

This is not purely average completion, but it's related.

A number of 10.0 would mean that you can build 10 copies from all the pieces. There would be enough peers with enough of the pieces for your client to work effectively without seeds.
    If the number of peers outweighs the number of seeds, and the seeds have full connection queues (they are busy sending to others), your client could still pick up some decent speed using only peers.
    A higher average completion in this instance means more copies available from peers.

A number of less than 1 means that you will be connecting to seeds, or, if the queues are full, waiting on other peers to receive and pass on those pieces. You want a higher average completion in this instance as well, as it means you can quickly catch up to the rest of the group from peer connections alone, as they will be sharing very little data between them and so have a lot of open slots.
    Once you've caught up, you'll be stuck in the same traffic jam waiting for the few seeds to pass on the pieces. So the higher the average completion, the less pieces you have to wait for once you've caught up.

If you are a seed in the first situation, depending on your upload speed peers may be able to find faster downloads from another peer (or ten).

Edit: if the above doesn't make much sense, I'll take another shot after I get some sleep.
    So then at which number its possible to complete the download without being connected to the seeders?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'll try to explain it to you.
    UTorrent uses a priority system.Internet speed is dependant on distance.The closer your source the faster it can get to you and uTorrent functions so that anyone downloading will try to connect to the fastest seed.
    That's why if you look under peers you see numbers like 23(30) for example.Of the possible 30 leechers you are only connecting to 23.Because of your slower upload 7 peers are using a better(faster source)

The other possibility is those 7 unaccounted for peers are partial seeding;they have only downloaded a percentage of the total files available and therefore are finished downloading even though they are still displayed as leeching.Great for them bad for you.

Easiest way to set connection is to run the speedtest and let uTorrent do it automatically.
    Hope that helps I know I'm not the best at explaining stuff.
    thanks for explaining it more clearly for me

Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    are you connectable?
    yes i am connectable
    Last edited by dr jones; 09-28-2008 at 12:02 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    in my utorrent preference

in the following section

connection
    bandwith
    bittorrent
    queueing

how should set it ?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    It depends on your connection speed.
    Go to options -speed guide.Under connection type use the pull down menu to select the appropriate value.
    uTorrent will set all those values to their optimums automatically.
    You just need to enable encryption and make sure DHT is unchecked.
    That's pretty much it unless you are using a seedbox with very little RAM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    It depends on your connection speed.
    Go to options -speed guide.Under connection type use the pull down menu to select the appropriate value.
    uTorrent will set all those values to their optimums automatically.
    You just need to enable encryption and make sure DHT is unchecked.
    That's pretty much it unless you are using a seedbox with very little RAM.
    ok i have done what you said

iam just want to double check here

in the connection,listening section

enable upnp port mapping
    enable nat-pmp port mapping
    randomize port each start
    add windows firewall exception

in the bittorrent,basic bittorrent features section

enable dht network
    enable dht for new torrent
    enable local peer discovery
    ask tracker for scrape information
    enable peer exchange
    limit local peer bandwith

which of those option should i click and unclick
    Last edited by dr jones; 09-28-2008 at 02:42 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast