Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The place to get newly released movies?

fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Best tracker for new movies is by a shodow of a doubt is TL. Not only is TL quick at pre but they have their certain members that get the source before the scene and do some really nice re-encodes.
    I like a small few trackers for my content but TL is one of, if not my best source.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Best tracker for new movies is by a shodow of a doubt is TL. Not only is TL quick at pre but they have their certain members that get the source before the scene and do some really nice re-encodes.
    I like a small few trackers for my content but TL is one of, if not my best source.

agreed on TL; however ScT is faster by about 3 minutes on average per pre...
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Guys SuperTorrents Pre's almost as fast as SCT (within seconds) it's also WAY easier to get into and build a good ratio. Not to mention speeds are almost, not quite, but almost as good too.
    Last edited by Detale; 09-28-2008 at 06:58 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    hmmm quite true...
    but tl is tl and it is very good... on the other hand sct has great fl packs

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    VoidNT's Avatar Poster
    Thank you guys for the info and opinions.

I'm pretty sure Towelhead will pop up, my greatest concern was about more abstract thing - where to get not so popular American films as soon as possible after release. Obviously there are limitations even for piracy.

Detale - since you live in NY, you've probably seen Towelhead advertisement hoarding somewhere in the city, not on torrent sites.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidNT View Post

No thank you, a search through rapidshare is a pain. But if there was some kind of community that put these files on rapidshare, this would be the way to go, precisely what I'm asking for.
    If you want RapidShare, then you probably want to get into LUELinks. Don't expect it to be easy though, unfortunately
    actually LUElinks uses MU, not Rapidcrap

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidNT View Post
    Thank you guys for the info and opinions.

I'm pretty sure Towelhead will pop up, my greatest concern was about more abstract thing - where to get not so popular American films as soon as possible after release. Obviously there are limitations even for piracy.

Detale - since you live in NY, you've probably seen Towelhead advertisement hoarding somewhere in the city, not on torrent sites.
    Most limited and indie films get pre'd (scene released). I'm sure Towelhead will get released, you just have to wait. Once it gets pred, every 0-day tracker like TL will have it. Most movies get pre'd about 2 weeks before the DVD release date. Towelhead dvd comes out Dec 30, so you still have some time to wait.

For example, Garden Party dvd release date was Nov.18 and the scene release Garden.Party.LIMITED.DVDRip.XviD-DMT came out Nov. 10. You can find this at almost any 0day tracker.

So just sign up to a good tracker, check the movies/xvid section daily.

btw, this movie is not rare, the dvd is not out yet. So there is no need to get rapidshare or find a tracker for rare movies.

I'm actually waiting for this movie too, so I'll pm you when I see it.
    Last edited by nethawk; 11-21-2008 at 07:35 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    VoidNT's Avatar Poster
    Got it on RevTT, thanks for heads up, I've almost given up on this. Now it's possible to download it even on Mininova. Overall, it took 5 months to get my hands on Garden Party.

Obviously the Scene releases depend on DVD release date, and I'm pretty aware that when DVD is out it's quite easy to obtain the rip via torrent trackers. What I was originally looking for is some way to get the newly released and fresh movie that is not a blockbuster (so there's almost no chance that someone would tape it on the cam in theater) and DVD is not out yet. That's why I was asking about some 'underground' communities, not regular scene releases. Turned out that was an unrealistic request, Scene has its limits and there's no other more or less approachable way.
    Last edited by VoidNT; 11-21-2008 at 09:48 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    crooked's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    SCC is also very very fast. They are growin' and getting even faster! ScT I think gets more new releases, but the important ones, like cinema-films or important games they are even faster at than ScT..

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Not sure if you ever read the details on these torrents of which you speak. (Non-Scene Released) Another torrent site acctually supplies these people with the releases they re-encode. AKA non TL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast