Thread: NewsBinPro 3 blocks short with PAR2 files , please help

Poster
    hi scene , i am trying to DL a multi RAR image and it has fallen short buy 3 blocks even with the PAR2 recovery files. Ive spent 2 or more days in total DL'ing all of the files and i am shattered , i use NewsBinPro if i try to re-DL 2 of the RARs that complete but have a few 'Red' parts in them they keep on failing on the same areas each time. I dont know how to get NewsBinPro complete the 2 RAR's without dying and showing 'Red' parts in the same areas all i need are 3 more blocks.

any info is sweet

shattered

s8n

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    How old is the file (age), and what is the name?
    It could be that your newsgroup provider's 'retention' is too low for the age of the file. Who is your newsgroup provider?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    That's strange, usually if a post needs repair there are about 100 times as many PAR2 recovery blocks posted as there are needed.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Poster
    hi guys , here are a few details.........

Cocaine Cowboys (2006) Poster
    Size 4.6 Gb (01:04:18 @ at 10000 kbps) Group alt.binaries.dvd.german on 2008-09-14 Files 102

4.6 Gb 14/9 (14) alt.binaries.dvd.german 102

my Provider is.........

http://www.usenet.com/index.htm

thanx for the interest and response

s8n
    Last edited by s8n; 09-27-2008 at 11:41 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    124 recovery blocks were posted for that one. Usenet.com is one of the worst providers. Add a backup server to fill in the missing parts automatically.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster
    howdy mesaman ,

Add a backup server to fill in the missing parts automatically.
    how do i do that ? im slightly new to Usenet stuff , im using NewsBinPro

i might change over to a new Provider at some point , its stabbed me in the heart

s8n

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    A backup server could be a cheap block account, a free news server, or your new provider when you decide to get one. I don't have Newsbin Pro so I don't know how to configure a 2nd server to fill in missing parts automatically, but that's what you want to do.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster
    roger that i got you loud and clear soldier , im going to look into a new Provider very soon. I might start a Threat at this forum to find a decent company sometime this week. I want to try and finish this file ASAP and stop getting billed for BS.

thanks for all your help mesaman , you were quite patient and knowledgeable i appreciate it alot

over and out

s8n