Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Riaa To Announce Amnesty For File Sharing

*signs up

*increases amount of songs to be shared

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    LoneGypsy's Avatar Member
    When I read this RIAA Amnesty thing I couldn't believe it. Like this is supposed to make me want to send them a form of photo ID, and beg their big ass forgiveness.

Please, how about I give them my cell #, and the name of my favorite bar too!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    LoneGypsy's Avatar Member
    BTW, I agree with Dirty Sanchez, this should be moved to the Funny Stuff.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    all I can say is bring it on

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    What I don't get, is why do we even have the technology to copy dvds or movies if it's not legal? Does the RIAA mean to tell me that if I own a movie, let's say Psycho, and my friend has Friday the 13th, it isn't legal for us to trade movies? How about if a movie is on HBO and I set my vcr or dvd-r to record some movie? That's not legal either? Why do we have dual cassette decks on radios? So we can play two tapes at once?

The RIAA can jump off a bridge.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    LOL

That's feckin' brilliant.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    LMFAO

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Hey RIAA here's something to think about...........What if your family members(e.g. cousins, aunts or nephews have down loaded music , are you going to call a bust on them too???????? I'm glad im not related to any of you.

I guarantee you that they have................

######the above reason is exactly why I think the whole thing about RIAA
    will end up nowhere. Would you charge your own family 150,000 dollars
    for each MP3

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    It's gotta be the dumbest thing i've ever heard. The only ones that would be interested are those people that have already been "caught," which it doesn't apply to.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    You know, I hate to admit it, but in reference to the whole "would you turn in your own family members" thing...uhhh...I'm sure some would. Some people are just assholes...period...no matter what the cirumstances are.
    And when you start adding issues of money, power (or at least the "appearance" of it), and trying to save one's own sorry ass...the odds just skyrocket.

The whole thing is highly suspect and shady to me. What I find the most ridiculous is the whole "philosophy" behind this damn witch hunt. The RIAA says that the reason they're persuing this is because they're trying to protect recording artists and their respective labels. They're just trying to be "fair". They try to downplay the whole money issue and attach ethics to it. Yeah...it is about money, but they are trying to make us believe that it's about money because it's "wrong to steal from the artists". All I have to say is...stfu...that's a bunch of BS.

It's about money, I'll grant them that, but they don't give a damn about being fair and protecting the interests of recording artists. Think about it...if this were such a big issue about right and wrong and whatnot, then why the hell aren't they executing their little crusade evenly across the board? As others have mentioned...people in the UK and elsewhere aren't being included in this...or at least at this time. This moralistic and righteous platform is a bunch of crap...if it were sincere then NO ONE would be exempt at any time. People in other countries are sharing the same exact files as those in the states....but noooo...they just want to be stupid bastards and enjoy their power trip.

You've got issues RIAA people...no one cares who has the biggest d*ck or can piss the farthest...just let it go man...let it go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast