Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mcafee Vs. Norton

Read NOT cnet nor download.com, they are now Norton/Symantec whores
    Right!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    norton corporate works for me.. takes up practically no system resources.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Poster
    i vote for norton B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    BANNED
    i have a question for all the norton users, did you guys pay for norton when you got it or did it come bundled up with something or did you download it for free???

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+6 September 2003 - 08:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 6 September 2003 - 08:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slimboyfatz@6 September 2003 - 03:22
    Mcaffee-NO NO NO...screwed up my internet connection (i think their Firewall is a little Duff&#33;&#33...
    Norton- YES YES YES...had no probs at all with it using NAV 2002/3/4..Just better for system stability and finding Viruses...Use Windows XP&#39;s built in Firewall for extra protection...
    you like norton that is fine but don&#39;t blame the software if you can&#39;t configure it B) [/b][/quote]
    Should have said originally..that its Horses for Courses..y&#39;use what u think is best..d&#39;ya think that Mcaffee and Norton are the world leaders for nothing??? Personally though Norton has never caused me any trouble..if it aint broke dont fix it&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha&#33;&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@6 September 2003 - 02:22
    i have a question for all the norton users, did you guys pay for norton when you got it or did it come bundled up with something or did you download it for free???
    I wont pay for any thing any more of corse i got it free.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    I have tried Pc-cillin which I thought was quite good, but it wouldn&#39;t let me register. I have NAV Corp 8.1 now, which is good, but I don&#39;t like the interface, it&#39;s just not stylish in any way an dit&#39;s a pain to do some things. I have tried NAV 2004, but not Pro, but if I didn&#39;t activate it in 3 days, I wouldn&#39;t have been able to use it. I tried McAfee once aswell, and it didn&#39;t work at all, I kept clicking on the shortcut but nothing happened. It does that with Norton sometimes.
    Anyway, whats the difference bettwen NAV 2004 and 2004 Pro?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Bodasher@6 September 2003 - 05:22
    I have tried Pc-cillin which I thought was quite good, but it wouldn&#39;t let me register. I have NAV Corp 8.1 now, which is good, but I don&#39;t like the interface, it&#39;s just not stylish in any way an dit&#39;s a pain to do some things. I have tried NAV 2004, but not Pro, but if I didn&#39;t activate it in 3 days, I wouldn&#39;t have been able to use it. I tried McAfee once aswell, and it didn&#39;t work at all, I kept clicking on the shortcut but nothing happened. It does that with Norton sometimes.
    Anyway, whats the difference bettwen NAV 2004 and 2004 Pro?
    Norton 2004 is a better version and its trial is 15 days, not 3 that was the beta. In 15 days the crack will be out.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bodasher@6 September 2003 - 13:22
    I have NAV Corp 8.1 now, which is good, but I don&#39;t like the interface, it&#39;s just not stylish in any way an dit&#39;s a pain to do some things.
    Do we need stylin antivirus now? Or something that works incredibly efficiently? You only ever open the interface once anyway....

What do you mean it&#39;s hard to do any thing with? Right click, scan file. That&#39;s all there is to it. All updates are fully automatic. Just set the level of heuristics in advanced and never mess with it again&#33;&#33; What could be easier?

By the way, I still have it for direct http if anyone wants it. PM me.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    What I meant is that it looks crap compared to NAV 2004.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast