Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rssdler

Trippin''s Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I'm running rtorrent on my Kimsufi and I would like to get rss set up. I have done some searching and it seems that the best way is to use rssdler to download the .torrent file from the tracker, into the rtorrent watch directory.

I've got the app installed, but I can't work out how the hell to set it up so that it downloads only the torrents I want.

Say I'm waiting for a specific movie, and I want it to download only that one, no others... how the hell do I do it? I know I need to edit the config file, but even the sample one is too confusing for me to handle!

Any help would be appreciated, I'm totally baffled at the moment.

Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    if you want to download Dexter;

for example #1:

[Dexter]
    link =http://rss.torrentleech.org/rss.php?passkey=
    maxSize = 400
    directory = /home/admin/torrents/dexter
    regextrue = (Dexter)
    regexfalse = (hr|720|1080|ntsc|x264|sct)
    nosave = False

here is a full config;
    note that its parameters are not incredibly specific; however it is fully functional.
    just work from here and add your own stuff.

[global]
    downloadDir = /home/admin/.watch/downloads
    workingDir = /home/admin/.rssdler
    minSize = 0
    log = 1
    logFile = /home/admin/.rssdler/log.txt
    scanMins = 2
    sleepTime = 2
    runOnce = false
    urllib = True

###################

[torrentleech]
    link =http://rss.torrentleech.org/rss.php?passkey=
    maxSize = 0
    minSize = 195
    nosave = False
    # checkTime1Day = Mon
    # checkTime1Start = 18
    # checkTime1Stop = 21
    regextrue = (Prison.Break|Heroes|Gossip.Girl|Sons.of.Anarchy|Fringe)
    regexfalse = (HEBSUB|D0|DVDR|DVD-R|DVDRip)

dont forget to view the thread options here:
    http://code.google.com/p/rssdler/wiki/HelpMessage
    Last edited by ericab; 10-02-2008 at 07:43 PM.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks for that, having a decent example helps a lot. I think I'll try get the hang of it on pirate bay or something first, I don't wanna end up downloading 50 torrents and screwing my ratio on a tracker I care about.

EDIT: messed up, any way iv sorted the links now.
    Last edited by Trippin'; 09-30-2008 at 08:04 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    usually if you click the "links" page on your private torrent trackers homepage, youll find links for rss somewhere which aim you to either direct download, IE .torrent,
    or the webpage, which is what your getting.
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Right I've got that sorted, I now have one last problem...

How do I tell it that two conditions must be met before it downloads the torrent? I'm trying to set it up for when fifa 09 gets leaked, and I need to tell it to download a torrent named Fifa AND 09. If I put (Fifa|09) wouldn't that mean Fifa OR 09? Then I would end up getting madden, nba, etc as well. I could put Fifa.09 but some groups use spaces instead of periods. :S

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin' View Post
    Right I've got that sorted, I now have one last problem...

How do I tell it that two conditions must be met before it downloads the torrent? I'm trying to set it up for when fifa 09 gets leaked, and I need to tell it to download a torrent named Fifa AND 09. If I put (Fifa|09) wouldn't that mean Fifa OR 09? Then I would end up getting madden, nba, etc as well. I could put Fifa.09 but some groups use spaces instead of periods. :S
    well lets see..
    Fifa|09 means you will download any torrent that has the words fifa and/or 09 in it somewhere so yes your right about that...

tbh; you want to read up on using regular expressions to have an extremely percise torrent dl'er, but since its a bit more involved, you may just want to try (fifa.09|fifa 09|fifa-09|fifa_09) since you dont know what the format will be; but im going to take a guess that its going to be "fifa.09"
    or you could always be less specific and just do (fifa|Fifa).
    by John Perry Barlow
    Read more here

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Fifa.09

the . is used as a single character wildcard (will accept Fifa 09, aswell as Fifa+09, etc)
    Hosting-IE VPS vs OVH Dedi
    vs

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Right, thanks for the help guys! I'm pretty sure I've got it set up now... I just need to wait until it actually gets leaked to see if I've done it right!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    by John Perry Barlow
    Read more here

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Well it almost worked...

error grabbing url: hxxp://www.blackcats-games.net/download.php/xxxxx/Fifa_09_PAL_XBOX360-STRANGE.torrent

So it picked out the one I wanted, but failed to download it. I'm guessing this is down to my seedbox not having the login cookie?
    Last edited by Trippin'; 09-30-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast