Thread: Opening up a file

Unsure

Is they anyway you can open up a extracting setup.exe file for a game and change a file and close back up.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    i dont get wat u r trying to say

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i have one only file with is a setup.exe which installs the game, what i was wondering is if there is a program that will open it up like winzip so i can see what files are inside the setup.exe file.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    try winrar

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    try looking for exe unpacker or decompression on google.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    IDA Pro is one of the best .exe disassemblers out there

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    why do you really want to disassemble the program in the first place? not going to plant a virus or something in it are ya ? :/

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    NO Xantra I just want to open up a game i downloaded to see if you can put the cracked games.exe file inside the setup and install file. then load game and see if its crack already thats all.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    It's probably an install shield installer. You can use unbiversal extractor to extract the files, but I'm pretty sure you'll need installshield to recompile everything.