Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BitMeTV Pre-times question

GXice's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Hi there ,

Just a quick question to ask. How do the pre times on BitMeTV compare to say SCC or SCT (both of which have probably the best pre times of all trackers).

If I was to set up RSS there, can I expect the shows to appear there very fast?
    Eventually, a person who wears two faces forgets which one is real.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    The Trap : The bitmetv releases shows in .AVi format so the pres can be a lil late as compared to SCT .. But in ScT u get it in rar so u will have to unrar and then seed back if u r thinking of doing that

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    GXice's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I noticed that as well. BitMeTV don't RAR theirs - I wonder why?

It's also hard to organise, because it goes into my /Torrents/ folder and not into its own subfolder like usual rars.
    Eventually, a person who wears two faces forgets which one is real.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by GXice View Post
    I noticed that as well. BitMeTV don't RAR theirs - I wonder why?

It's also hard to organise, because it goes into my /Torrents/ folder and not into its own subfolder like usual rars.
    Héhé ... what you find negative about BitmeTV is one of the positive things about BitmeTV imho. What is more easy than downloading and watching a 6 year season-pack with all eps unrarred already. Save a whole lot of trouble, not to speak of the fragmentation of your HDD's with those thousands of RAR-files, used by the scene just because they race faster than big files.
    Can you feel the LOVE

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Well, SCC/SCT probably have <2min pretime on every tv show they upload. Bitmetv is really fast on popular shows <10 minutes in most cases. Some of the more obscure stuff may be a little slower.

I like the unrar'd avis too although lately I've been leeching all of my tv off scc because pretimes are so good, seeds so fast, ratio so easy to keep heh

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by GXice View Post
    Hi there ,

Just a quick question to ask. How do the pre times on BitMeTV compare to say SCC or SCT (both of which have probably the best pre times of all trackers).

If I was to set up RSS there, can I expect the shows to appear there very fast?
    add the time to unrar and create the torrent to sct pre-time, and you find bitmetv pre-time
    Vectoral FTW!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    p0ster
    Bitmetv pretimes are quite poor (slower than ScT+unrar actually), but I actually prefer video unrared (see no point in having them rared, except that the scene can pre them faster)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I'd venture a guess and say most of BMTV uploaders are simply unrarring sct or scc releases and putting it there. It's not a 0day site, it's a tv site. With that being said, pre times are maybe 3-5 minutes behind popular releases at sct/scc, and speeds are great too.

they didn't built Rome in one day

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    I'd venture a guess and say most of BMTV uploaders are simply unrarring sct or scc releases and putting it there. It's not a 0day site, it's a tv site. With that being said, pre times are maybe 3-5 minutes behind popular releases at sct/scc, and speeds are great too.
    rofl? I guess you don't have an account there... Uploaders there, including fuzzbutt, have 0-sec access. As for pre's shows show up in usually less than 5 minutes after they have been pre'd.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    rofl? I guess you don't have an account there... Uploaders there, including fuzzbutt, have 0-sec access. As for pre's shows show up in usually less than 5 minutes after they have been pre'd.
    Oh, well they need some better uploading scripts. Kind of embarrassing actually!

/me hands bmtv 'uploaders' Guy Fawkes masks

they didn't built Rome in one day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast