Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riaa Amnesty.....

hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    WASHINGTON (AP) -- The recording industry is expected to announce as early as next week an amnesty program for people who admit they illegally share music files across the Internet, promising not to sue them in exchange for their admission and pledge to delete the songs off their computers.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/09/0...y.ap/index.html

Who's signing up?

2. Music   -   #2
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    yeah i might sign up...NOT!

3. Music   -   #3
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Considering that the RIAA has at present no direct jurisdiction on where I and many others on the forum live (the UK)...

I'm gonna have to go with a "I'd have to be crazy to admit that and get no real pay-off" response

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by hey_suburbia@5 September 2003 - 16:43
    WASHINGTON (AP) -- The recording industry is expected to announce as early as next week an amnesty program for people who admit they illegally share music files across the Internet, promising not to sue them in exchange for their admission and pledge to delete the songs off their computers.

Who's signing up?

5. Music   -   #5
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Originally posted by hey_suburbia@5 September 2003 - 08:43

Who's signing up?
    Fred von Lohmann, a lawyer for the San Francisco-based Electronic Frontier Foundation, said "It's not the kind of agreement that most people's lawyers will embrace."

Enough said.

This reply (or lack thereof) has been brought to you as a courtesy of CrumbCat.
    © Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved.

6. Music   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Why would someone want to sign up for that, they might trick u and say u are confessing to sharing music and try to sue u anyway.

7. Music   -   #7
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    one thing to say to tht stfu and wtf!!! opps soz thts 3things lol

8. Music   -   #8
    Originally posted by Gre1@5 September 2003 - 17:03
    Why would someone want to sign up for that, they might trick u and say u are confessing to sharing music and try to sue u anyway.
    We at RIAA are a very fair, fun bunch of people. If we decide to go forward with the Amnesty Program, you can rest assured we will act completely fair in all future legal actions.

You have my word.

Unfortunately, this news leaked out of our main office, and I am now in the process of tracking down the individual(s) who is responsible for prematurely dispersing this information.

If, and I emphasize 'if', we do allow said Amnesty Program to be put into action, all my friends here at the K-Lite Discussion Board will be the first to know.

I will personally be disallowing one user to participate in the Amnesty Program. That user is my Now Arch Enemy, "Shermanator". Good luck to you, you coward. . . you are obviously afraid of me and my team RIAA lawyers, or you would have the courage to include your picture as you Avatar, instead of leaving it blank.

Sincerely,

Mr. Sherman

9. Music   -   #9
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by Mr. Sherman+6 September 2003 - 03:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Sherman @ 6 September 2003 - 03:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gre1@5 September 2003 - 17:03
    We at RIAA are a very fair, fun bunch of people. If we decide to go forward with the Amnesty Program, you can rest assured we will act completely fair in all future legal actions.

You have my word.

Unfortunately, this news leaked out of our main office, and I am now in the process of tracking down the individual(s) who is responsible for prematurely dispersing this information.

If, and I emphasize &#39;if&#39;, we do allow said Amnesty Program to be put into action, all my friends here at the K-Lite Discussion Board will be the first to know.

I will personally be disallowing one user to participate in the Amnesty Program. That user is my Now Arch Enemy, "Shermanator". Good luck to you, you coward. . . you are obviously afraid of me and my team RIAA lawyers, or you would have the courage to include your picture as you Avatar, instead of leaving it blank.

Sincerely,

Mr. Sherman [/b][/quote]

10. Music   -   #10
    Oh and btw if i ever make it in the music industry...if you like my shit i will give you guys my expressed permission to download and spread it everywhere...all around the world...i don&#39;t care if i don&#39;t make a cent from it...at least people all around the world will hear my music...and i think thats the point no one gets...bands want to get noticed...not get money...they want to get noticed cause they want their message to be heard...and thats the way i feel...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast