Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: seedbox.fr?

read only this "Violation du copyright et piratage" and you will have enough

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Dance4:

a friendly suggestion, we would like u to upgrade the package details in sync with the actual servers offered and some more low cost packages coming in.

regards..

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    OK.... I'm new here, and I'm not a professional user. I was just took a premium pack. I don't know about you but I always try small pack before the big one, and see if they can provide a great service for small thing.

Below are my honest review:
    Pro:
    -This is one of the cheapest seedbox out there I could find, that was why I interested in trying it at the first place. I was so excited that I forgot to just stay alarmed...and I put about 8 torrent simultaneously even if I am new to the private trackers I joined.
    -The account was ready under 24 hour, which got me more excited. But the rest is history...

Cons:
    -The torrent speed spiked all the time from 0kBps-3mBps. I don't know for precise if it caused by the peers I was connected to or not, but I was pretty sure that something not really right with the flux since some of the torrents connected to 50 seeds+peers. And I just think that there's no way the speed would rise and fall so significanly all the time.
    -Max connected peers are 50 / torrent
    -The big issue I experience is with the FTP server.
    I don't know if they prioritize the professsional user or not, the only thing I know is this happenING to me as I write.
    -They only give (maybe can only give) you 1 FTP account (even it said 5 account)
    -The first problem, they set the wrong login information for the only FTP account I got, and they told me that the the login information should be the same with my torrentflux account login info. So I emailed them to either change it to match my TF login info or just send me the current one. No answer and no solution, I emailed them again with total until 3 emails.
    -This solved 3 days later from the day I complained. I was finally successfully login into the account even if it was so damn hard to connected to the server
    -The second problem is it was so hard to connect to the server, and when it did once, I immidiately tried to start downloading the first file into my pc, and it got disconnected. ever since, I couldn't connect anymore. So, I emailed them again...
    -The problem solved the next day without any notice from their part (I know it was solved because I tried to accessed it everyday see if something happen). That's when the 3rd problem occured. There was an error while I tried to download the second file simultaneously from different pc. The error was "only 1 IP allowed at the same time". So I tried to download the other file from the same IP simultaneously. The same error msg occur...WTF...
    So, in the end, they left me with 1 FTP account, that can connect only at 1 IP, 1 file at 1 time, and the speed is various between 3-about 20 kBps top at night....Nothin would come out off there...
    So I emailed them again, challenged them to provide a minimum satisfiedable service to its customer under a week and the story continues...still no answer no solution till now...and it's been 5 consecutive days, since I put my torrents there to seed (torrents work fine), and just to find out that I can't downloaded them into my pc.

my conclusion:
    You got what you pay for...worse, you got even less actually than you paid for....
    just be cautions.

PS: If any admin from seedbox.fr, I only want to say that:
    01 start small... if you can't provide the bigger plan, don't even think about it.
    02 0 FTP that works fine equals handicapped server. Nothing can be done out of it even if your TF box works ultra fast.
    03 it's better to stay inform your trouble if you encounter one, than to stay silent and hope they would understand. It just don't happen
    04 Just understand the open economy right now. No authorities would sue anything. It's just the word of mouth works much faster to shut the business down if the service just dissapoints ppl...

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Thanks for the excellent review there mate ..

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    regarding the TOS, I think most of the seedbox provider have the same term due to violation to pirated materials...
    Well...luck for me, I don't really care about copyright (since I live in third world country with no cyber law. I don't know if you're in US or Europe) and I know neither do they...
    If they really care about the copyright thing, they won't even consider start a seedbox company at the first place since 99,9% (maybe exaggerated may be not) of the shared files are pirated.

So if you're really thinking downloading using torrent, just live with it for you'll just wasting much more valuable time on trying to looking for that 0,01% rather just buy the materials... well..for some cases, it might even cheaper to pay the fine for violating the current law than buy all the stuffs...

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    nice one Caleido, to be frank, there is no point giving TOS if ur selling seedboxes coz u will never ever know what is right or wrong even though one doesn’t intend to do wrong. Man, Ur just using the internet for god’s sake for personal use but with higher speed availability.

I like those providers who get is straight and most of us know whom I talking about, it’s all about word of mouth and the ones doing good are doing it pretty straight forward without too much fuss..

So thank you very much for your review, gives us a good idea about providers. We now pretty much know who the best guys are in this business.

Cheers.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Well...seems like I'm one of those who doesn't know which provider did you mean
    I ordered at seedbox.fr because I don't know other cheap and realiable provider...and I'm just a newbie too...if you don't mind please tell me which is the best provider in you opinion so far. Thx

about word of mouth, I'd like to add that if your company work hard to satisfy ppl, it still so hard to get the good review or positive testimonials out of it even if you ask them. But if one disappointed, it'll instantly posted anywhere sometimes even before you have a chance to explain or fix anything. It's that hard to build credibility on this online world since internet is full of crap. Most Ppl won't just trust you immidiately if you've done something good. You need to pay it back great just to repair the trust. Even Bill Gates said that if there're anything he can do, the first thing he will working on is to gain back Microsoft's anti-trust...

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    cant agree with u more mate, I dont have any company or something, im using boxes myself for a long long time. Well, FST has already got a good list of honest and dedicated sellers and few in this thread too.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    woww...1 week and I;ve sick of the box...
    Not working FTP (or even so, super slow and only allow 1 file at a time), Slow access website, hard to connected to peers, slow torrent speed, way to simplified interface.
    What I mean by waayy tooo simplified torrentfluxb4rt is you almost have no control over your files.
    -no pm feature
    -you can't select what folder to download to
    -can't download part of the torrent
    -and therefore can't point the same torrent (different tracker) to certain folder
    -can't recheck existing files (neither auto /manual just there's no way)
    -can't change account password
    -etc

wow...can't believe it...it's a nightmare for users... way to risky to be used on private trackers...just the second and a worst seedbox I've ever imagine....must be kidding me...

hopefully they can read English... T_T

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    bad luck mate, sometimes it doesnot work out...Seems in the end its a dedi that fits the bill the best, best to share amongst ur known guys and chill out. U know ull get super speeds when u need and it would work as per ur requirements more or less.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast