Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vcdquality.com - Suspicious ?

fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Hi guy's, just wondering if any of you might have had a similar experience when going to the website vcdquality.com... Basically over the past few day's I've noticed a lot of pop-up's while visiting the site and now tonight when I go to the site it get a msg saying the site is blocked.
    I've been using vcdquality for a long long time now and have never seen this before. Also I'm only getting this msg when I'm using firefox, I can access the site as usual when useing IE7.

Ok so when I go to the site I get this msg >>

And then when I click on the "why was this site blocked" tab I get the "reason" it was blocked, and this is the reason >>

I use vcdquality multiple times on a daily basis, but as I said I've noticed a lot of pop-up's over the past few days
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    You got some kind of spyware. VCDQuality works fine for me. It always has. Google once told me that when I searched it look like worm activity and I had to type some key to do searches. It turned out that one of the computers on my network was infected with malware and that affected the whole network when trying to search on google.
    Last edited by saulin; 10-03-2008 at 11:29 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    As I said, I don't get that msg when I access the site via IE7 which I don't use much to be honest, I only get the msg when using firefox.

I'm pretty sure my pc is clean as a whistle, I'm using nod smart security combined with SuperAntiSpyware and I've also ran some rootkit tools just to be sure.

According to google the site had been reported for malware.

I'm guessing I'm not getting the msg when I use IE7 is because FireFox is probably up to 50-70% more secure than IE.

I don't have any probs with any other site so I'm guessing the problem is definitely with vcdquality and not my pc.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    As I said, I don't get that msg when I access the site via IE7 which I don't use much to be honest, I only get the msg when using firefox.

I'm pretty sure my pc is clean as a whistle, I'm using nod smart security combined with SuperAntiSpyware and I've also ran some rootkit tools just to be sure.

According to google the site had been reported for malware.

I'm guessing I'm not getting the msg when I use IE7 is because FireFox is probably up to 50-70% more secure than IE.

I don't have any probs with any other site so I'm guessing the problem is definitely with vcdquality and not my pc.
    No, you're seeing the message in Firefox only because that is a feature within the Firefox browser.

yo

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I guess it's Firefox then. I don't touch that browser except when I dl from megaupload. But in IE 7 I never got such message. Even when searching for vcdquality on google and going through google.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    funny i saw the same message a few minutes ago

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Works fine for me. Havn't had a problem.

Im using Firefox on Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) so 'malware' isnt a problem.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    It's strange alright. I guess it's some security feature in firefox but the msg is not there for nothing.

I'm well secured anti-virus wise so I have a little piece of mind but I use the site every day so the paranoia is there.

Any of you guy's see the videos included in the "Astlavista" security toolbox about the drive-by downloads ? I'm not sayin this is drive-by downloads but aslong as people have all the hot fixes from microsoft they should be ok.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Same for me ... I chose to ignore the warning ... the first website that installs something without my knowledge still has to be made with the protection I have.
    Can you feel the LOVE

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    nod32 blocks warez-bb too. Like skizo said, it's a firefox feature. Someone probably reported the site as having adware/malware so it got listed. It won' show in IE7 coz it's a bag of wank hammers.
    Now go away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast