Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impossible Question?

ok, this question is really stupid, and basically i already know it's not possible (kind of), but i want to make sure...

i like the music of Big Pun, but there's one problem
    Pun seems to have a problem with breathing (he was a big guy) and when he inhales, he makes a sharp rasping sound.
    when i'm listening to his music, all i can hear is this rasping

anyway, my question was is there any way to quickly remove this rasping from an mp3 track?
    editing out certain frequencies or something?

as i've said, i'm not very hopeful, but any info would be great

thanks in advance for any help
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. Music   -   #2
    I&#39;ve noticed this myself in my personal conversations with Big Pun. Believe me, what you hear in his music is NOTHING compared to the nuisance it is in person.

I have talked to his agent, and have recommended an exercise program to help strengthen his heart and lungs, which would help somewhat with his wheezing, but have not heard whether or not he plans on implementing it or not.

Until then, I recommend not turning the volume up too much.

By the way - those &#39;MP3&#39; songs you are referring to are your own personal Rips, I assume.

Sincerely,

Mr. Sherman

3. Music   -   #3
    Big Pun is dead, you doppleganger cock

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Music   -   #4
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    hehe.. i like this sherman guy.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

5. Music   -   #5
    just thought i&#39;d bump this incase anyone hadn&#39;t seen it
    any help would be appreciated

6. Music   -   #6
    Poster
    The noise reduction option in cool edit pro may improve it.
    I think it works by taking a sample of the the noise you want rid of and then it will take it out of the whole track.

7. Music   -   #7
    Originally posted by callum@6 September 2003 - 23:44
    The noise reduction option in cool edit pro may improve it.
    I think it works by taking a sample of the the noise you want rid of and then it will take it out of the whole track.
    ok, thanks for the info
    i&#39;ll give it a try

p.s. that bump was worth it then

edit: cool edit pro is over 20 meg
    that&#39;s about 1.5 hours on my connection

8. Music   -   #8
    Poster
    I&#39;ve just realised that nero wave editor has a noise reduction option, i don&#39;t know how well it works. But if you already have nero, that may be a better option.

9. Music   -   #9
    Originally posted by callum@6 September 2003 - 23:53
    I&#39;ve just realised that nero wave editor has a noise reduction option, i don&#39;t know how well it works. But if you already have nero, that may be a better option.
    this sounds like a better option
    i&#39;ll give it a look ta

10. Music   -   #10
    If you are using a player that supports plugins, try to find a parametric eq plugin. Also sometimes called a notch filter, a parametric eq allows you to control how the width of the frequency you are trying to cut out. It is more precise than a regular graphic eq. You might be able to dial out some of that rasp without killing the rest of the mix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast