Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't download anything with Firefox.....?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    All of a sudden, I can't download anything at all.

I went to download an NZB here at FST and it's like the button doesn't work. I click "Create .NZB" and nothing happens. I tried going to another NZB site and the same thing happens. I went to a tracker to try downloading a torrent file and again, same thing.

I went to Mozilla and went through all this and it still wouldn't work. I just deleted all my cookies, cache, history, everything. After doing that I was able to download an NZB so I thought everything was fixed but, after that one NZB the problem started right back again

I have disabled all my add-ons. I have restarted Firefox. I have restarted my PC. I have cleared everything that can be cleared.

Anyone have any suggestions?

yo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Have you tried uninstalling it, plus the appdata directory and reinstall it?
    probably this isn't what you were expecting to listen, but could work.
    One thing that happened to me in the past quite similar was that the temporary directory to which the files were being downloaded hadn't enough permissions for the user. Try checking the permissions for the account you are using now, at both the appdata/mozilla directory plus the place where you're downloading to.

This problem didn't happen in windows xp, as its permissions management was laughable, but both at vista and 7, it's an issue that arises more often than not.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and everything worked fine.

I tried importing my backed up information back into FF and it happened again. So now I've reinstalled FF without anything but my bookmarks and all seems fine. It looks like I'm going to need to go step by step to isolate the problematic addon, etc.

The only good thing is, I was able to salvage my bookmarks.
    Last edited by Skiz; 11-12-2009 at 07:42 AM.

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    You should try to change your browser (google of opera), if the problem persists reinstall windows, if the problem persists , change your ISP >
    Last edited by QPD; 11-12-2009 at 07:35 AM.
    Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures.Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother!%$@%# upside the head!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by QPD View Post
    You should try to change your browser (google of opera), if the problem persists reinstall windows, if the problem persists , change your ISP >
    I've been down the Chrome/Opera road. The lack of ad blocking abilities is a deal breaker for me.

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I realize this, and I agree, but you should be able this way to see if your pc blocks you or your isp.
    I have an issue momentarily : My internet connection works only on 10mbit settings.I don;t know why.My ISP told me they don;t block me, but on all 3 pc i have at home I encounter the same problem.
    Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures.Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother!%$@%# upside the head!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    just came to my mind now, have you tried running it with administrator privileges ?
    It could solve the permissions problem.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I posted that I fixed it in post #3.

yo

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by QPD View Post
    I've been down the Chrome/Opera road. The lack of ad blocking abilities is a deal breaker for me.
    hi,

u can always use Admuncher,the 4.72 build is easily available,its reallly small,never bothers,and really good at what it does,and would work at chrome.just my two cents

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BOSMAN's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    try delete you profile firefox
    after when you run firefox i think all ok

is broken profile ff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast