Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Comp Manufacutrer?

n18's Avatar Death God
    any good companies make quality comps with alot of option or a very sweet gaming comupter? Too lazy to put together my comp, and it would be easier...

so far alienware has alot of options and great hardware but i tihkn they are a lil overpriced because of thier cases and such :/

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    really good one is ABS. www.abs.com

but they r expensive

try www.ibuypower.com

sweet price and pretty good systems. try the student special a if ur low on money.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    www.alienware.com

REALLY REALLY expensive, REALLY REALLY Good Pc......

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfh/products/ser...en_desktops.htm

look through those. You can get a very powerful computer for super cheap. Most of those systems are brand new and were cancellations. No monitors. Look for systems with the least amount of preinstalled ram and software (even go for a weak video card because cheaper after market)

Here is an example (not the best, becuause I don't have all day to look through) this has dvd-rw. I personally recommend the Dimension 8300 series, as it comes with the Intel i875 chipset dual channel ddr 400, an 800 MHz front side bus, etc, etc...but if you plan on using a powerful video card, buy one with one already installed otherwise you will have to upgrade to a PC power and cooling PSU (you can't use "any" power suppuy with Dells.

http://www.coupons-coupon-codes.com/coupon...php?coupon=4791

That is a code for a $50 discount.

Look at

http://dell.coupons-coupon-codes.com/
    for more coupons...

Is this your budget?

Dell gives you a Windows XP single disk that is excellent(and is only one disk)
    Also the computer comes with a bunch of crappy software. The hardware works great but reinstall Windows clean according to the lower provided link:

http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/installxp/installXP1.htm
    Dimension 4600 (System Identifier E6V2EEHF)
    Dell Dimension 4600 Micro-Tower: Pentium® 4 Processor at 2.4GHz with 533MHz front side bus
    System Price $794.00
    Promotion Discount ($150.00)
    Discounted Price $644.00

Memory: 256 MB DDR 333MHz NON-ECC SDRAM (2 DIMMs)
    Floppy Drive: 1.44MB Floppy Drive
    Hard Disk Drive: 60 GB EIDE Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
    Video: 64MB GeForce4 MX 420 with TV-Out
    Modem: 56Kbps Data/Fax Modem
    Operating System: Microsoft® Windows XP Home
    CD ROM Drive: 48X Max Variable CD-ROM Drive
    DVD Drive: DVD+RW/+R with CD-RW
    Dell Support 2.0
    Logitech PS2 Mouse
    QuietKey Keyboard

Take a look at the different series and configs, they are really really cheap and come with a year of support and if you aren't satisfied, you can return it easily, Dell, in my experience is really good about returns. If you live in a country outside the US make sure to go to Dells home page and log in according to your country.

Good luck! If you need help modding your Dell, I can help you out--you can learn from my experience. I have mastered the art of modding dell's propritary systems...after MUCH experimentation and hassle...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    dude, that sucks. only dell name. dell is ok, but u can't upgrade in the future. ibuypower is much better, but they tend to take a long time to build ur computer if u don't order rush.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@6 September 2003 - 00:27
    dude, that sucks. only dell name. dell is ok, but u can't upgrade in the future. ibuypower is much better, but they tend to take a long time to build ur computer if u don't order rush.
    Upgrade what? With Prescott coming out, you will have to upgrade 99% of your system anyways NO MATTER WHAT YOU BUY...and how would you know, weren't you the poor kid asking for donations? lol, huh? How many computers have you ordered since your 13th birthday?

Obiviously better choices are available for more powerful machines, but sorry bud, Dell is the cheapest and highest rated proprietary manufacturer there is...and has been for several years...personally I would rather be able to overclock my system and set memory timings, but an Asus P4C800-E costs too much right now and probably won't be Prescott compatible...

http://www.nbc10.com/consumeralert/2337279/detail.html

and the person who started the topic mentioned that they don't want to hassle with building a new machine altogether....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    don't want to build yours go with dell, i have heard good things about alienware also

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    You want to know what the best is. It you and me, why, becuase you'll always know whats going into it and if its good. I am not trusting companys to my shit together again.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@5 September 2003 - 20:42
    You want to know what the best is. It you and me, why, becuase you'll always know whats going into it and if its good. I am not trusting companys to my shit together again.
    ya me and you have already talked about that

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@5 September 2003 - 22:46
    www.alienware.com

REALLY REALLY expensive, REALLY REALLY Good Pc......
    if u want a gaming system, go with alienware.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast