Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doa?

suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    from a store on the internet. Anyways, the motherboard arrived today. I replaced it and it didnt work. Then took another powersupply from an existing computer and tried it. I got it to boot 3 times. Then went out bought a new power supply (Cooler Master) installed it and got it to work 3 times. Now im back to the same problem. It keeps flashing the cd rom drives over and over. Kind of like its looping the POST. Could this be the processor? Im already down 100$ If its the processor im better of building a new pc...

im reading alot of crappy reviews about this mobo. Maybe it was originally the powersupply? Any thoughts? Should I try the old motherboard and the new powersupply?
    Last edited by suprafreak6; 10-10-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    what do you mean it works three times? Are you just shutting it off and on and off and on until it stops working, or can you actually use the computer then if u restart 3 times the fourth boot won't go?

Do what lynx said.
    Stop buying things and do some proper diagnosing.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    i did proper diagnosing. I disconnected all additional stuff until it booted. It didnt even boot without any add ons. I thought it was the mobo as that was more probable then the ram or processor. Then i replaced the mobo but it loaded the bios three times and three times got stuck. Tried a different powersupply and it started loading windows then got stuck. Im going to try a different stick of ram in it real quick and try multiple slots

so im determined its the processor, ive tried good working ram now. What do you guys think? I really just need a decent computer nothing great. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=4199866 i found that deal. What do you think about it?
    Last edited by suprafreak6; 10-11-2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12