Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "I'm in it for the community"

Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    forums != community

I think the big mistake of thinking that community means forums. In a great community, the forum probably is great, but more importantly everyone there cares about the tracker.

The encoders care (and are usually abundant and timely in their rips), the sceners care (equals good pretimes), the uploaders in general all care.

In a good community you will see people seeding 147 torrents on one tracker even though their ratio is already balls out insanely awesome. They love the site, that is why they continue to seed.

Additionally, in a great community, you will be communicating with other people who also love the tracker. This includes 'thank yous', ratings, and useful comments on torrents (sometimes constructive criticism), and yes quite often the forums.

I want in for the community... great community = resourceful tracker

On the contrary, a tracker with a bad community is a site with few torrents where nobody seeds and nobody cares except the site staff.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    forums != community

I think the big mistake of thinking that community means forums. In a great community, the forum probably is great, but more importantly everyone there cares about the tracker.

The encoders care (and are usually abundant and timely in their rips), the sceners care (equals good pretimes), the uploaders in general all care.

In a good community you will see people seeding 147 torrents on one tracker even though their ratio is already balls out insanely awesome. They love the site, that is why they continue to seed.

Additionally, in a great community, you will be communicating with other people who also love the tracker. This includes 'thank yous', ratings, and useful comments on torrents (sometimes constructive criticism), and yes quite often the forums.

On the contrary, a tracker with a bad community is a site with few torrents where nobody seeds and nobody cares except the site staff.
    i agree on all of this, but still the attitude the users has towards eachother, and not the least the attitude of the staff plays a big role too in my book.. here's where friendly irc and forums comes in.. but all of the above is true and is the most important things.
    Last edited by danio; 10-08-2008 at 08:45 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    community can be really nice at some sites, although most people are just hypocrite with this community thing, but be honest, do you have any time for being part of a torrent community, when you go to school, have a job, have a girlfriend, got a hobby and likes to sleep? no... you just maintain your fav sites and the ones with good content and thats all...

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED
    non-english speaking users sometimes just dont fit in the community even if they really wanted to, sometimes its just not possible for the non english speaking user to type what he/she thinks of the subject in proper english . :0verlookedsubject:

i think its people like these that fill most of the top level community torrent sites :gamessection: playing one word games , counting numbers etc trying to fit in ,but veiwed as useless spam by the staff

cant blame staff or those poor users for it
    Last edited by pedobear; 10-08-2008 at 08:59 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    flashback3r's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by lukee View Post
    Am I the only one who find people who say this in an invite request or give away completely retarded? Whats the point of giving an invite to a person who is more in it for the forums then for the actual files? Isn't the point of a tracker to download and contribute to the trackers peer network?

Just a thought.
    Yeah, i agree with you to some point.

But the trackers i love the most have a good community, besides the torrents. You can find the file on many places but the hole community besides the files makes it great, and that you can't find everywhere

EDIT: sry for bad english, i really tired...
    Last edited by flashback3r; 10-08-2008 at 08:56 PM.
    RIP Swebits <3

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    im in it for the mad bitchez, yo!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    pedobear: you are so right. I only know a few trackers, which have good forums, not just "rate the avatar of the guy above you" kind of topics. For example if you say you are at KG for the community, I can accept that, because the people there are such movie addicts... if you say you are at iFi (or how they like to be called) for the community, well... not a member there, cant judge...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    flashback3r's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    forums != community

Well said. I totally agree
    RIP Swebits <3

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    im in it for the mad bitchez, yo!!
    but you are one
    Last edited by Artemis; 10-08-2008 at 09:10 PM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    So she's in it for herself.
    Now go away.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast