Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "I'm in it for the community"

kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    So she's in it for herself.
    sounds about right

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    I'm in it so I can leech some dvds and some nice trance and house.
    Last edited by ftnftw; 10-08-2008 at 10:46 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I joined fst for the community <3

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lukee View Post
    Am I the only one who find people who say this in an invite request or give away completely retarded? Whats the point of giving an invite to a person who is more in it for the forums then for the actual files? Isn't the point of a tracker to download and contribute to the trackers peer network?

Just a thought.
    Why don't you ask the tracker staff that question ? They are the ones after all that created a private community for members to come & share files, did they set up forums and an irc channel to simply bathe in the glory of the ignorance of the members who can't even be bothered to say 'hi', 'thanks', or 'kiss my arse'. This is a file sharing community and alot of effort goes into designing building and maintaining these websites. There are some that want a community, a small group of known users. Yet funnily enough, these small community trackers for the very reason that they want to be a small closed community are the ones that are so highly prized by the traders who have zero intention of being a part of that community,they're just there for teh filez man!
    It is a selfish attitude like yours that your just there for the files which is slowly grinding the community down, I have seen many dedicated staff & uploaders who have put alot of effort in simply leave because of this give me it now I want it all attitude, which is killing the sense of community.
    The people who design and maintain these websites do not do it sheerly for your entertainment, if that was the case why even bloody bother, just whack them all up on rapidshare or a private ftp where an anonymous leechfest can happen. NO the point of the bit torrent community is to be a member of the site, any noddy can be a good user by leaving his client running and uploading the files he has downloaded, thats the whole point of the bit torrent protocol, that a swarm of peers speeds up the data transfer because it comes from many different sources, so just being a good user by seeding files isn't exactly an IQ test, the point of the sites is more than that, and if you took the time to look you would find that out.
    That's why I'm active in the forums of every tracker I'm on, that's why I've been an FLS and uploader on a few sites. Before you start makeing random accusations get your facts straight. Half of the forum posts on trackers are from topics like "last person to post wins", "post your desktop", "what kind of dysplay do you have" etc. A user who wants to really contribute to the wellbeing of the tracker keeps his torrents seeding for weeks. I'm not saying its bad to post in the forums. I'm just saying is that its really annoying when some idiot says "I want it for the community !!11!1one!!1". Its a huge ass lie. When a person says that, they are clearly saying: I rather add my contribution to the dekstop thread instead of downloading that pack and help seed it. A really good member rents a seedbox and seeds his ass off. Everyone benefits from that.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    A really good member rents a seedbox and seeds his ass off. Everyone benefits from that.
    Especially the ones who have trouble maintaining a minimum ratio I'm sure.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    p0ster
    Agree with OP, most of the time, I interpret 'I want it for the community!' as 'I want it for the rarity!'

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    A user who wants to really contribute to the wellbeing of the tracker keeps his torrents seeding for weeks.
    A really good member rents a seedbox and seeds his ass off. Everyone benefits from that.
    Smaller trackers that are better known for the socializing aspect of the site, usually contain people who are already competent and seed things for a long time.

Don't worry young padawan. When your leet userbar sig grows, realize the truth you will.
    Last edited by integral; 10-09-2008 at 12:15 AM.

they didn't built Rome in one day

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I excellent ratios on hard to seed trackers like SCC and ScT. Saing your connection is crappy is no excuse.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I see the term community as being a small user-base but fast Dl-Up speeds and lot of content.A Friendly forum is a plus.

Am I the only one who find people who say this in an invite request or give away completely retarded? Whats the point of giving an invite to a person who is more in it for the forums then for the actual files? Isn't the point of a tracker to download and contribute to the trackers peer network?

Just a thought.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

I excellent ratios on hard to seed trackers like SCC and ScT. Saing your connection is crappy is no excuse.
    Repeat that in English if you don't mind.

My connection and ratios are fine if that's what you were inferring.
    I simply think people with less than ideal situations should be helped as much as possible and not penalized by seedwhores simply set on increasing their e-penises(or vaginas as the case may be) .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast