Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "I'm in it for the community"

Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    If that works for someone, i dont really care..

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lukee View Post
    A really good member rents a seedbox and seeds his ass off.

The satisfaction you get when seeding

Last edited by pedobear; 10-09-2008 at 05:19 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Am I the only one who find people who say this in an invite request or give away completely retarded?
    people will and can say whatever they want. they do it, because they think it rises the chance of being invited.

the people who trust people with shitty requests are the retarded ones.

there are still requests like: "can i have it, plzzzzz. i want good community...." that are getting filled. many people here don't care who they invite. it's just about the rep points or the trading offer.

if some people i consider friends in the bt world ask me for an invite, i'd never ask them back why they want it. i'd just give it to them because i know how they behave on their sites and i trust them.

the only way to get to know people is via forums and/or irc.

so the community factor is important. especially on small, secure sites. if you don't take part in forum activities people will never know you hence trust you.

on small sites i'd rather invite someone who doesn't just buffer his account, but conrtributes with good forum posts. for the simple fact that he meets new people and old members.

if you can be proud to mention that you invited your invitee to the site, then you chose a good one.

if you have to ask for screenshots or speedtests you didn't choose the right one.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 10-09-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: grammar.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by pedobear View Post

The satisfaction you get when seeding

You shouldn't quote things out of their context just to be able to post some retarded picture in the hopes someone will notice your incredible sense of humour and sent you an invite to one of your 'dream'-trackers.

Maybe you should have stayed in Mexico
    Can you feel the LOVE

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    the best communities are on specialized sites that specialize in the stuff you love. at least those ones mean the most to me
    i agree, i really like communties like E****, where the forums aren't filled with spamming kids. on specialized sites people have something in common, something to talk about. they can discuss serious topics with like minded people and don't get bored and start playing forum games with one word replies.

i really dislike kids who just post to show how active they are in the community, but don't have anything to say. they're also known as postcount spammers.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Am I the only one who find people who say this in an invite request or give away completely retarded?
    people will and can say whatever they want. they do it, because they think it rises the chance of being invited.

the people who trust people with shitty requests are the retarded ones.

there are still requests like: "can i have it, plzzzzz. i want good community...." that are getting filled. many people here don't care who they invite. it's just about the rep points or the trading offer.

if some people i consider friends in the bt world ask me for an invite, i'd never ask them back why they want it. i'd just give it to them because i know how they behave on their sites and i trust them.

the only way to get to know people is via forums and/or irc.

so the community factor is important. especially on small, secure sites. if you don't take part in forum activities people will never know you hence trust you.

on small sites i'd rather invite someone who doesn't just buffer his account, but conrtributes with good forum posts. for the simple fact that he meets new people and old members.

if you can be proud to mention that you invited your invitee to the site, then you chose a good one.

if you have to ask for screenshots or speedtests you didn't choose the right one.
    you typed all that in a notepad first ? ffs

You shouldn't quote things out of their context just to be able to post some retarded picture in the hopes someone will notice your incredible sense of humour and sent you an invite to one of your 'dream'-trackers.

Maybe you should have stayed in Mexico

its pretty obvious here who the desperate one is
    Last edited by pedobear; 10-09-2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    its pretty obvious here who the desperate one is
    Your name says it all
    Welcome to my ignore-list.
    Last edited by Disme; 10-09-2008 at 08:13 PM.
    Can you feel the LOVE

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Comparing trackers to cars,fantastic analogy,hmm only problem is it's a godamn website at the end of the day.
    And that is the greatest irony.

If you have no interest in websites, why even bother having an internet connection. After all, it is webservers all around the world that feed and mirror content for us to use. Mail servers facilitate email delivery. FTP servers allow direct access to files.

In other words, the fact that you have seen fit to post a response at this webserver (using the forum frontend supplied) means that you interact with websites.

I know people who don't drive, and who have no interest in cars whatsoever (they use peddle power). To them, they are only cars ffs. On the flipside, others will be totally loyal to the manufacturer of their dream car, whether it be Mercs, Lambo's, Ferrari's, Fords, Subaru's or whatever they decide to drive.

If people here honestly felt that websites warranted the most cursory glances, then things such as blogs, forum communities, facebook, and other mediums for communicating, would all fall into disuse.

The simple fact is that torrent communities, like any other type of website, are in demand. You only have to read the invites section of this board to see how many people want this, that or the other website (regardless of why they want it).

People have even been known to try and trade their accounts on eBay. Surely that proves that they aren't JUST websites, the same as they aren't JUST cars, or they aren't JUST mobile phones.

Think of websites as just another form of collectables, like stamps or football cards. Check out your bookmarks and tell me how many different sites you have bookmarked. Is it less than ten, or more than fifty? Some people need a bookmark manager to handle all their bookmarks, and some people use different browsers to handle different websites.

Just a website? Yeah, right!
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Comparing trackers to cars,fantastic analogy,hmm only problem is it's a godamn website at the end of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    If you have no interest in websites, why even bother having an internet connection.
    I'm interested in websites,it's just that my life doesn't depend on it,thankfully. It's for fun,and it's just that,FUN. In other words,I wouldn't die if my internet connection got terminated tomorrow,just that I'd lose out on a bit of fun.
    But for a staffer like yourself,maybe it's a little more than JUST a website,priorities differ.

If people here honestly felt that websites warranted the most cursory glances, then things such as blogs, forum communities, facebook, and other mediums for communicating, would all fall into disuse.
    People use websites and facilities such as blogs,forums,facebook etc but they are also free to constructively criticize them. It's the challenge for the owners to be able to handle criticism and improve if they see fit.

People have even been known to try and trade their accounts on eBay. Surely that proves that they aren't JUST websites, the same as they aren't JUST cars, or they aren't JUST mobile phones.
    Again,they probably do it to make easy money/fun(whether that's right or wrong is a totally different thing). I highly doubt that they can make a living out of this and if you counter-argue that they can make a living out of this then the challenge is for the tracker owners to curb it.

Yup,its just that, a website.Nothing more,nothing less.And i'm done with this thread.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 10-10-2008 at 05:29 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4

Yes, that is right. And if a person is thinking of these sites as anything more, then frankly, they need to get out a little more. Seriously.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast