Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This is a surprising story...

惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Problem is, we're up against it, time-wise, which I think was part of ACORN's strategy.
    This is just a conspiracy 911 truther, the commies are coming, the democrats are going to take your gun away, give it to an illegal alien and shoot your bible with it type theory.

This isn't a political statement , it's a not buying into a paranoid unsubstantiated talking point conspiracy theory statement.

Do you think it better to allow several thousand bogus registrations rather than disallow a single one?

Sure seems that way.
    I don't think any bogus registrations should be allowed. I don't think eligible registrations should be disallowed. County election departments should be verifying registrations.

Please answer my question with an answer, I was good enough to answer yours.
    Do you think this close to the election all the registrations collected by ACORN should be disqualified by a court?

BTW. It appears most states have laws requiring voter registration groups to hand in ALL registration forms collected, even if the group suspects or knows it's a fake.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Do you think it better to allow several thousand bogus registrations rather than disallow a single one?
    I don't think any bogus registrations should be allowed. I don't think eligible registrations should be disallowed. County election departments should be verifying registrations.
    And if those to whom you charge with the task of verification beg off on account of time constraints?

Do you think this close to the election all the registrations collected by ACORN should be disqualified by a court?

BTW. It appears most states have laws requiring voter registration groups to hand in ALL registration forms collected, even if the group suspects or knows it's a fake.
    That last bears on my question.

Do you count some, or all?

Let's say you have 50,000 registrations to verify, and time to do only half of them...what's your solution?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    惡魔的提倡者

And if those to whom you charge with the task of verification beg off on account of time constraints?
    It's not me charging them with this task, that is their task. If they find themselves overwhelmed then they need to find a solution so the can cope.

Remember that the apparent problem is canvassers returning phony registrations, so it's registration fraud NOT voter fraud. The is no evidence that anyone has voted using a fraudulently registered name. Heck even in the court cases where the voter ID laws were challenged the states couldn't offer any evidence of voter fraud.

Let's say you have 50,000 registrations to verify, and time to do only half of them...what's your solution?
    Why won't you answer a simple question?
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 10-11-2008 at 05:35 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    It's not me charging them with this task, that is their task. If they find themselves overwhelmed then they need to find a solution so the can cope.

Remember that the apparent problem is canvassers returning phony registrations, so it's registration fraud NOT voter fraud. The is no evidence that anyone has voted using a fraudulently registered name. Heck even in the court cases where the voter ID laws were challenged the states couldn't offer any evidence of voter fraud.

Why won't you answer a simple question?
    Only duly verified registrants should be allowed to vote.

The registrations (however many that may be) that cannot be verified due to time constraints should be shit-canned.

Period.

There's your answer.

What's YOUR answer?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    惡魔的提倡者
    Only duly verified registrants should be allowed to vote.

The registrations (however many that may be) that cannot be verified due to time constraints should be shit-canned.

Period.

There's your answer.
    So your answer is no the courts should not reject all registrations from ACORN?

You are however for disenfranchising people who are eligible to vote and had their registration applications in before the deadline. Sorry but I see this time constraint bullshit as an excuse for not doing their job, not a reason they couldn't.

This isn't about party. This is about ensuring that every eligible voter that played by the rules and got their registration, no matter if they did it themselves or via a registration drive, in on time not only gets to vote but their vote is counted.

What's YOUR answer?
    I've already given it https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-thi...45/postcount19
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 10-11-2008 at 11:04 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    So your answer is no the courts should not reject all registrations from ACORN?

You are however for disenfranchising people who are eligible to vote and had their registration applications in before the deadline. Sorry but I see this time constraint bullshit as an excuse for not doing their job, not a reason they couldn't.

This isn't about party. This is about ensuring that every eligible voter that played by the rules and got their registration, no matter if they did it themselves or via a registration drive, in on time not only gets to vote but their vote is counted.
    Sorry, that doesn't cut it.

Fraudulent registrations tainting legitimate ones might best be regarded (this time around, anyway) as a lesson learned, or perhaps ACORN should have a republican arm to cheat right along with the democrat one.

Better yet, abolish the whole thing; why should the government function as a default arm of the DNC?

You are sanctioning cheating, but that figures, you being a lib, and all.

What's YOUR answer?
    I've already given it https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-thi...45/postcount19
    You cannot separate an agency from the actions of it's functionaries, as, absent the functionaries, the agency doesn't exist.

In any case, situations such as these are usually dealt with by way of exclusion, and additional penalties are often levied.

With regard to ACORN, the only asset they have is their funding, which should be eliminated.

BTW-

Don't bother anymore with your "answer the question" crap; it doesn't wash.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I think the biggest difference between the ACORN situation and traditional forms of Republican favored voter fraud is that the ACORN mess doesn't result in any extra votes- you can register a person multiple times (which is the assertion here) but they can still only cast one ballot.
    Alternatively, you can register a fictitious character like Mickey Mouse (who, ironically, would probably vote Republican), but he's not going to show up to vote, so, in effect, you have swollen registration lists but no extra votes.

Much more insidious- and effective- is to lower the number of cast ballots by refusing to allow real people to vote, by hook or by crook.
    Targeting groups most like to vote for the opposition and refusing them the ballot- or attempting to scare them away- doesn't help your side, rather, the goal is to hurt the opposition.
    Last edited by clocker; 10-12-2008 at 12:01 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    惡魔的提倡者
    So then. Me saying the County elections departments should do their job and stop making excuses (this means weeding out fraudulent registrations and clearing eligible ones) so ALL eligible voters that met the deadline get to vote means I sanction cheating.

Well that's just dandy.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 10-12-2008 at 01:29 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I think the biggest difference between the ACORN situation and traditional forms of Republican favored voter fraud is that the ACORN mess doesn't result in any extra votes- you can register a person multiple times (which is the assertion here) but they can still only cast one ballot.
    Alternatively, you can register a fictitious character like Mickey Mouse (who, ironically, would probably vote Republican), but he's not going to show up to vote, so, in effect, you have swollen registration lists but no extra votes.
    Wrong.

Multiple applications fit perfectly the oft-repeated scenario wherein the Dems fill busses with these newly discovered "voters" and feed them coffee, soda, and pastries while driving them from precinct to precinct to vote in every one, because the system cannot root out fraudulent votes that late in the game.

The next stop is the Supreme Court, where the cry is "DISENFRANCHISEMENT!"

That's it, in a nutshell.

That Obama hails from the city that (as has been thoroughly demonstrated and documented) put JFK in the White House through the cunning use of the "dead" vote should not be lost on those who are paying proper attention.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    So then. Me saying the County elections departments should do their job and stop making excuses (this means weeding out fraudulent registrations and clearing eligible ones) so ALL eligible voters that met the deadline get to vote means I sanction cheating.

Well that's just dandy.
    The way you're saying it?

Absolutely.

BTW-

I notice you didn't phrase that as a question.

You're learning.

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast