Thread: Seedbox bandwidth questions...

I was thinking about starting a seedbox but how much bandwidth would i need. something tells me that a t1 isnt good enough..

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    Hehe thats depends on how mutch you like to download/upload

But just for download and seed to 1.3 ratio and then ftp home i think 1TB is pretty good.
    But if you wants make a buffert on torrent sites i think unmetered servers are better.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by andra View Post
    Hehe thats depends on how mutch you like to download/upload

But just for download and seed to 1.3 ratio and then ftp home i think 1TB is pretty good.
    But if you wants make a buffert on torrent sites i think unmetered servers are better.
    oh, i was actually thinking of purchasing the server and getting a t1 line going to my house. but your reccomending that I iether get a dedicated server or VPS. correct? Is that what most people do?

and sorry that im kinda new to all this but what is the ratio that you are talking about and what do you mean by hosting on torrent sites.Listing my torrent on like thepiratebay?
    Last edited by coldpizza721; 10-11-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    having a good speed line at home beats everything. most people who have 10Mbit+ upsteam connection at home don't really need a seedbox.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kovacsj View Post
    having a good speed line at home beats everything. most people who have 10Mbit+ upsteam connection at home don't really need a seedbox.
    all though around where i live i could get extremely good deals on both 5Mbit and 10Mbit they only thing that i actually can get to my home is a regular 1.5Mbit

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Umm this is about your trackers and usage too...
    if you are using bitme,what.cd,waffles i dont think you will get too much buffer and bandwitch but sct,hdbits,tl,bitmetv

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    1.5mbit is not good enough. Servers usually have at least 10mbit, which isn't too great, and most of them come with 100mbit ports. There are even some with gigabit ports.

1.5 is not going to do you much good at all.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    lol don't buy a server and get a T1 line, that's dumb. if you want a seedbox just for torrents, rent one online. you'll have to pay a monthly price. if you want unmetered torrenting, go for OVH. if you want metered, try LeaseWeb.

they didn't built Rome in one day

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ok thank dvito and intregal i wasn;t going to do both lol. Whats the tracker's thing that redransum is talking about though