Thread: Download help - slow speeds?

okay every time i try to download a file the fastest it will ever download is 70-80kb/s not on bittorren or any other thing its evan slower but just downloading straight from a website it will only go that fast its very agrovating when downloading huge files thanks for the help

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Odin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    OK...Thats a noob question...but its not a bad question... I remember my selves in the beginning :-) I came with lots of questions like this :-)

Ok..can you tell me your internet speed ?

You can use this link to find out your speed: http://www.speedtest.net/

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    You tried a speed test?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    yea i did it says i only have a 63 KB per sec internet speed but if i go to my network connections i have dsl and it says i have a 100 MB connection and i download at 70-80 never in the 60's

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    You have 100 MB connection? That seems really fast, then you would be downloading at 10MB/sec.
    How long have you had your DSL with your current service provider? Might be something on their end.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Does it say 100MB, or 100Mbps(I also have DSL...Verizon)? That is what mine says. I'm not exactly sure what 100Mbps is, but in reality my download speed is around 360kb/s on my home connection.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 10-19-2008 at 09:05 AM.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    n00b
    Do you have your port open or close in your firewall. It happend to me once and I had to open a port and it work with my cable modem comcast.