Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: People with young children....

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I had about 3 L of water and several cups of raspberry leaf tea. There is a baby sitting on my bladder. If I drink anymore I may as well set up camp in the bathroom.

At least I have a laptop now so you lot can keep me company every where!
    Last edited by Skweeky; 10-12-2008 at 10:07 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    So why do you have a headache
    Last edited by JPaul; 10-12-2008 at 10:03 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Dunno.

I had a bath earlier, it may have affected my BP I guess.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Indeed, particliarly if it was a hot bath.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I will agree that some parents need to discipline their children more but I'm up to 3 and counting and mine are VERY well behaved, more so than their father but there have been occasions where kids just spaz out for no apparent reason other than their kids. I used to feel the same way, I truly did. Then I had children of my own and now when it happens I feel awful for the parents. Do you think that's what they want at that particular moment in time? Do you think they enjoy screaming children? Hell no thats not what anyone wants, but unlike you they have to stay there they cannot go home and eventually forget about it. More than likely when they get home the kids are probobly still screaming and driving them insane.

I have to say the wife and I don't take the kids out to grown up places yet because we are pretty considerate of other childless people and don't want to bother others. On occasion we do take my older guy out to a diner, he's 3 now, and it's nice but there are times when even he gets bored and will start to figit in his seat and not behave as well as we think he should. It is frustrating as hell but thats the world with kids in it.

Now the movies is a completely different story...

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    There's a big difference between parents that allow everything their children do, as long as it's not in their own homes ... and parents that are trying to do a decent parenting job but that sometimes face a tremendous effort trying to keep their children from going berserk in places that aren't suited for that kind of behaviour (restaurants, churches, governement buildings, libraries, etc ...)

I do have a problem with the first kind of parents and children, less of a problem (or none at all) with the latter kind.
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Agreed but when it comes down to it how do you know which kind of parent it is when the kids are screaming? Could be one or the other.

Oh and government buildings are the best for restless children
    Last edited by Detale; 10-13-2008 at 08:47 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post

You've felt like the wrong side of an anus for a while.
    Is there really a wrong side of an anus?
    The inside, I would say

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    I totally agree with the OP. If a kid spazzes out in a public place you yank them outta there, drag them home and put them to bed. Even if it's 10am in the fucking morning. I don't have kids btw .

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Kids deliberately spazz out in public because they think that's a sure-fire way to guarantee they'll get their own way.

I frown more upon the parents that give them what they want just to shut them up than the ones that ignore them and don't give in. Once you've got kids of your own you find it much easier to ignore all and any crying kids.... True story.

I will say though that you need to get it into the child's head that screaming will NEVER get them what they want. Then believe it or not they'll stop doing it, and if you can keep them entertained and amused, they are actually quite fun to have around

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast